Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2006, 03:33 AM

Default no idea

no read on villain.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (4 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (6 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero............
Old 03-16-2006, 04:36 AM

Default Re: no idea

Okay keep in mind that im a total newb. Are you asking if its better to fold/call or call/raise? Because to me both raise and fold are ridiculous. You only have to be good here 1:9 times, and I think that many times someone got to the river with a weaker ace (esp since i think you're up against a stronger ace here almost never). So i think its a clear call, but maybe im so much of a newb and so far off that i dont even understand the dilema.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:37 AM

It's OK to call. A lot more than 1 out of 10 you will see a worse ace. If he had AJ/AQ/AK he should play a bit more agressive. Also if he has T he usually raises this flop (to eliminate UTG - it probably missed the PFR) or the turn.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:41 AM

It's hard to do anything other than give a perplexed call here. For me, folding is out of the question getting like 8:1 against an unknown--but I'm a showdown junkie like that. Raising is silly.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's hard to do anything other than give a perplexed call here. For me, folding is out of the question getting like 8:1 against an unknown--but I'm a showdown junkie like that. Raising is silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

its 9:1 unless im missing something. 6bb to start with +1 when hero bets +2 when villan raises. its not really that significant but the poster before you said 10:1 i think, and now 8:1 so i wanted to clear that up.

EDIT: nm poster before said 1 out of 10.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:54 AM

You're right, I missed UTG in the preflop action.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay keep in mind that im a total newb. Are you asking if its better to fold/call or call/raise? Because to me both raise and fold are ridiculous. You only have to be good here 1:9 times, and I think that many times someone got to the river with a weaker ace (esp since i think you're up against a stronger ace here almost never). So i think its a clear call, but maybe im so much of a newb and so far off that i dont even understand the dilema.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you kai. Raising is out of the question. I think Bob is trying to find a fold here but it just isn't there.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:37 AM

I`m not sure about this. I am just trying to lay down some more cards on the river-raises. I don`t know if this is a good decision, but isn`t anyone thinking of BD FD, or A5, A3 here?

PS I like the turn bet.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:00 AM

You beat A5 and A3 because the TT couterfits their pair. And yeah there is plenty of stuff that beats us like the bdfd, but the point is that we dont have to be ahead that often to make the call right getting 9:1.

-Kai
Old 03-16-2006, 06:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You beat A5 and A3 because the TT couterfits their pair. And yeah there is plenty of stuff that beats us like the bdfd, but the point is that we dont have to be ahead that often to make the call right getting 9:1.

-Kai

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, your right srry [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]