Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 09:42 PM

Default Re: Thoughts and results...

[ QUOTE ]
folding to aggression would be another mistake. Your getting 19:1 for a 3.5 out draw, call. Keep in mind the villain might get cold feet and check the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, where are you getting 19:1? I think you're under the impression that there are 4 players for 4 bets pre-flop.

Also, you mean to draw for a Q or 8 to give me a straight draw to continue to the river? Didn't really consider it, but you could be right. 3.5 outs?

Garland
Old 10-17-2007, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
folding to aggression would be another mistake. Your getting 19:1 for a 3.5 out draw, call. Keep in mind the villain might get cold feet and check the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, where are you getting 19:1? I think you're under the impression that there are 4 players for 4 bets pre-flop.

Also, you mean to draw for a Q or 8 to give me a straight draw to continue to the river? Didn't really consider it, but you could be right. 3.5 outs?

Garland

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad -15:1. Its still more than enough to call with implied odds for runner runner and a 2-outer to a set.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:50 AM

check,fold
Old 10-17-2007, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Live 40/80 TT on button, tough flop spot.

[ QUOTE ]
... He says I’m going to win it anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]
My experience is when people say this, they could have anything and are telling the truth. They have nothing to gain by lying at this point...

So I bet the flop trying to get the SB to fold a non-A hand. If he has a gutshot and calls so be it.

Assuming no flop c/r, I would bet the turn unless I picked up a draw.

And check behind on the river UI. I would probably call down a river bet UI because I am that bad, the pot is relatively big, and I tilt when I give up big pots I should have won.

If this is what HOWMANY said, then what he said.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:34 AM

Default Re: Live 40/80 TT on button, tough flop spot.

I like betting the flop because checking feels really lame. I think it is worth one small bet to isolate the all-in and pervent the other player from outdrawig me for free or bluffing me out on the turn. There is plenty of chance that the all in player has total gas.

I suspect the presence of an all-in player makes betting the turn unwise.
Betting the turn is a marginal play if the BB had simply folded the flop, so
betting now seems spewy. Especially since the SB should be caling with fewer hands on the flop due to the all in player.

I'm not sure if I call a river bet. The SB shouldn't be an a raw bluff since the BB would presumably win the main pot.

Change this to a situation where the BB folds and I bet the turn if and only if I pick up some kind of straight draw or a set. Otherwise I check the turn, planning to call a river bet. I think people will try to pick off an abandoned pot often enough here to justify a call. On the other hand, I dont like to bet a flop, check the turn and then fold if I have any sort of hand.