Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Im pretty sure i just got scammed by MN001

This was kind of my concern when open discussion of such trades/transfers was pretty much approved/encouraged on 2+2.

I know a lot of people have a lot of money tied up.
But these situations where people trust their money with the wrong person were inevitable.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This was kind of my concern when open discussion of such trades/transfers was pretty much approved/encouraged on 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Open discussion of such trades/transfers was not approved nor encouraged by Twoplustwo.

As you well know, there was a sudden overwhelming avalanche of posts and it became virtually impossible to stop it.

Because of this, almost all offered deals were then herded into one thread, and "buyer beware" warnings were given in that thread; in the Neteller sticky; and in numerous other threads. Other posted offers outside that thread were and still are locked on sight.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:06 PM

Please remove any of the alleged scammer's personal details from your evidence of the deal prior to posting it. Thank you.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:08 PM

Also, keep in mind that i am not 100% sure i was scammed but it seems like it since its been close to 2 days now with no reponse.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:10 PM

This is from last friday: From: mn001

Hi - give me till tomorrow. I have probably sold this solution to someone else. But don't worry, I will help you anyway. On monday it can be done and you should have your money by wednesday I think. If you want it via wire transfer. Maybe he can do it via paypal aswell... I will let you know ASAP!
Old 02-14-2007, 03:12 PM

Sunday afternoon

If you do it today this transfer can be done tomorrow. You should have your money via paypal or wire by friday the latest. And it will cost around 3% in fees on the total amount (this is for the one doing the actual transfer, the one you will be able to transfer neteller money to). The process is simple. You will need to speak via livesupport to neteller for a simple change, then it can be done.

I will give you all details as soon as I got the money in hand. If you face any problems whatsoever please let me know

And remeber, once this is done you are not allowed to reveal any details. If you know someone later on needing help (preferable with much larger balance than yours) we can maybe make some deals. But transfers as low as this will not be done in the future...
Old 02-14-2007, 03:14 PM

You will get your money via paypal or wiretransfer. Paypal will be the quickest. Probably tomorrow, wednesday by the latest. Wire could take up to friday to reach your bankaccount.

As I said from the beginning, I'm not much interested in this at all since it's so small amounts.

It's no problem if you feel unsecure and don't want the help with this.

If you decide to do it I think you have all info in the other PM. Then I also need your First and Last name to collect the money.

If you decide not to do it consider the idea I sent you before about changing country on the account. Maybe that could work?

Anyways, I'm here for 45mins or so then I must leave for today. Talk later!
Old 02-14-2007, 03:15 PM

Ok - there should be some kind of reference number aswell. The thing that says in process...

I have sent the info to him though. Hope he will be able to collect it and I'm sure everything will be done quick and smoothly regarding your neteller funds
Old 02-14-2007, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Open discussion of such trades/transfers was not approved nor encouraged by Twoplustwo.

As you well know, there was a sudden overwhelming avalanche of posts and it became virtually impossible to stop it.

Because of this, almost all offered deals were then herded into one thread, and "buyer beware" warnings were given in that thread; in the Neteller sticky; and in numerous other threads. Other posted offers outside that thread were and still are locked on sight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, 'approved/encouraged' isn't the right way to describe it.

It was pretty overwhelming because of all that money out there and 2+2 did give the obvious disclaimers/warnings for the clueless.

But you and I (and the rest of the universe I think) pretty much KNEW that these, "So-and-so scammed me for $500" threads were going to come.

Honestly, I'm surprised we haven't had more of them.

Lots of people are essentially giving $500 to some random person on the street and saying, "meet me around the corner and give it back to me."
And then are all surprised when that person doesn't show up.

I think people get disillusioned into thinking that:
2+2'er = +EV honest-gambler.

Many know that this is a laughable conclusion to make about all 2+2'ers. It's not exactly an 'exclusive' club.
But I think people still get drawn into this false way of thinking about other 2+2'ers for some reason.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:50 PM

Default Re: I\'m pretty sure I just got scammed by mn001

That turncoat [censored]. Are you kiddin' me?