Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 02:38 PM

Default Best Online Broker - Small $ Amounts

I am planning on setting up an online brokerage in the next coming months and am looking for advice on best place for my situation. I will of course do some homework myself, but wanted to get insight from those who are more knowledgeable.

I'm probably only going to invest 5-10k; with all going into 1-3 stocks at any given time. I will make relatively few trades, probably anywhere from 5-15/yr.

What site will offer me the lowest fees and trade costs given my low $ amount and volume? Thanks for any feedback you can provide!
Old 09-24-2007, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Best Online Broker - Small $ Amounts

i use td ameritrade and have no complaints. they charge $10 per trade with no other account costs and maintenance or inactivity fees. plus u dont pay any commissions during the first 45 days, and they give you $100.

im sure e-trade is the same but one thing e-trade has that no other online broker has (at least to my knowledge) is the ability to trade stocks in (6 other) foreign countries....if that interests you. i did hear that their system went down last week on fed day due to the overwhelming volume though....but if youre not daytrading, i dont think that will be an issue.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:14 PM

What about Zecco? It is free for something like 40 regular stock trades a month.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:42 PM

Zecco will be the cheapest.