Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2007, 06:11 PM

Default Fire Again? Blind battle at NL25

No history, villian just sat. On the turn I'm considering $10, check, and shove. I don't know if he can lay down a draw and I'm sure I have the best hand at least 15-25% of the time or so. If you don't like the flop then let me know how you play it. Oh yea...he instacalled flop and instachecked the turn.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP3 ($24.75)
CO ($4.40)
Button ($25)
SB ($32.55)
Hero ($28.85)
UTG ($25)
UTG+1 ($20.45)
MP1 ($23.95)
MP2 ($13.80)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $0.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.25</font>, SB calls $1.75.

Flop: ($4.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5.5</font>, SB calls $4.75.

Turn: ($15.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ???
Old 08-26-2007, 10:56 PM

Default Re: Fire Again? Blind battle at NL25

Flop looks fine, and I like $10 on the turn. I would give up after that though as you have no fold equity on the river. Looks like a FD, hope he doesn't catch a piece on the river to beat your ace high.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:06 PM

His call on the flop means we're behind, I believe. I check here. If he has a J, we have one out. If he has a 9, we're drawing dead. Instacall/instacheck is an interesting line--going for check-raise? Check behind on river if you get the chance; fold if not.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:37 PM

I'm sorry to deviate from your original question; however, I don't get PF.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:03 AM

Pf looks like spew you said you have no history.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry to deviate from your original question; however, I don't get PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

He minraised the SB. I have way too good a hand to fold and calling is meh since I don't know his postflop tendencies. I suppose you advoate calling, but if I put in a raise then I have the initiative postflop and likely the best hand at this point anyways. If he folds then thats fine too. Also, Axs is a pretty good hand to 3bet in this spot.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:31 AM

I always get owned when I try stuff like this
Old 08-27-2007, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I always get owned when I try stuff like this

[/ QUOTE ]

So that means you hate it or it just doesn't work vs. retard donks or it should work, but you run bad in these spots?
Old 08-27-2007, 12:51 AM

I'm always amazed with people willing to play for stacks in NL25 blind wars with crappy hands...

You raised too much preflop. He didn't fold, you have no reads, why do you assume he's on a draw? Or what makes you think your draw is better than his? You asked about flop, I think you played fine, the weird stuff is preflop. Turn and river should be folding time, what are you ahead in this hand?
Old 08-27-2007, 12:52 AM

The blinds are so low at this level vs average pot size its not worth trying to defend them this much.

Secondly the 3 wouldn't be a card that would let me fire a second barrel. You could be against some type of over pair, perhaps he spiked the 9, or he just doesn't believe you and is calling down with a J. What would he call a massive (vs pot) sized bet that a 3 would change? If he is on a flush draw it seems he is calling you down no matter what you bet. If he thinks his J or whatever is good on the flop, a 3 won't change it.

I don't think his check is a sign of weakness, merely letting you get a big club and whack yourself over the head with it betting yourself to death.

Check / Fold to aggression on the river, I personally wouldn't make that type of move again. You can make so much more playing ABC poker, and with a lot lower risk / variance.