Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2007, 03:42 PM

Default Online 15, raised on every street with XY.

I played this hand online last night. The villain in this hand is a 71.3/9.5/1.5. Yes, Joe Tall talking meow chow meow, believe it!

Full Tilt Poker $15/$30 Limit Hold'em - 5 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with XY.
UTG folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6.00 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Button raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#FF0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (6.00 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Button raises</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (12.00 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.00 BB

Obviously, I have a strong hand, but how strong of a hand do you need to 3-bet the river?
Old 08-26-2007, 03:52 PM

Default Re: Online 15, raised on every street with XY.

Against a guy like this I'm only 3betting the river w/a flush.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:54 PM

1.5 aggression with 71 vpip is like a TAG having an agg factor of 6. before i read the stats, my gut said QJ, at LEAST (probably would need better actually, but i haven't played in aggro on-line games lately so i could be off). after reading the villain's stats, i would say AA maybe (actually top and bottom pair seems better, since i think a junk 2-pair, T9, and a back door flush makes up a decent percentage of his range). if he has those kind of stats you should have more info on his postflop tendencies though.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:59 PM

I'm definantly threebetting with any set. Given his preflop handrange plus his flop/ turn play, I think a set is still ahead of his range... QJs too. I'd just call AA though.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:17 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

You guys are retarded, he has a flush way way too often to be 3betting non flushes here. GIven the way you played the hand you should almost never be 3betting.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:26 PM

i don't know what those stats mean but villain's hand range should heavily heavily be weighted towards something like QcJc. if i was joe tall and somehow had Tc9c there is a very very good chance i wouldn't even 3-bet that.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys are retarded, he has a flush way way too often to be 3betting non flushes here. GIven the way you played the hand you should almost never be 3betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you realize how hard it is to get your aggression factor up when you play hands like J4o? if you stop the action on the turn, his range should include many one pair hands. i don't see how adding in the river action jumps his range all the way to a flush. all two pairs are in his range imo.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you realize how hard it is to get your aggression factor up when you play hands like J4o? if you stop the action on the turn, his range should include many one pair hands. i don't see how adding in the river action jumps his range all the way to a flush. all two pairs are in his range imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even retard aggros aren't usually putting in that much action without some kind of decent hand, as they know that JT isn't folding. His play feels a lot like Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or T9. Just call on the river. If he has 88 and JT has QQ or JJ JT hasn't lost very much value anyway.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:58 PM

You need a flush to 3bet the river.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't know what those stats mean

[/ QUOTE ]

71.3/9.5/1.5 stands for VPIP/PFR/AF, Pokertracker stats formerly known as meow/chow/meow. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]