Full Tilt Poker $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

SB: $23.55
BB: $107.10
UTG: $100.00
MP: $160.45
CO: $148.90
Button: $107.90

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, Button calls $3.50, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($8.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets $5</font>, Button calls $5.

Turn: ($18.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: ($18.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets $11</font>,

Villain is sort of passive TAG 26/15/1.5 type, nothing remarkable. Value in river bet? Bet/fold turn?

2)

Button: $22.05
SB: $99.90
BB: $55.20
UTG: $98.50
MP: $129.10
CO: $100.00

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#FF0000">SB raises to $11.50</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $8.

Flop: ($24.00) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets $19</font>, Hero calls $19.

Turn: ($62.00) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets $98.60 (all in)</font>

Villain is LAGTAG 30/20ish seems decent. Thoughts on flop play? Turn my shove is effective 70 into pot of 60, thoughts on bet size on turn?

3)

Button: $122.80
SB: $99.00
BB: $55.15
UTG: $53.20
MP: $62.10
CO: $77.75

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, MP calls $1, CO folds, <font color="#FF0000">Button raises to $4</font>, Hero calls $3.50, BB folds, MP calls $3.

Flop: ($13.00) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets $11</font>, MP folds, Button calls $11.

Turn: ($35.00) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets $27</font>, Button calls $27.

River: ($89.00) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets $57 (all in)</font>,

Literally second hand at the table, villain is unknown, I was 3 betting flop all in and calling off my stack on the turn.

Thanks,
DeathDonkey
Old 08-06-2007, 06:31 PM

Default Re: Couple of hands 100 NL

How were you responding to a PSB on the turn in hand 1?

Why not go for a checkraise on the flop in hand 3?

Edit: In hand 2 if the turn was a blank and villain shoved are you calling?
Old 08-06-2007, 06:37 PM

I think bet slightly more on the flop in hand 1.

I hate the turn shove in hand 2. What are you getting called by &lt; another AQ? You obviously aren't folding, so why not bet ~ 30 and hope he CRAI?

Edit: NM, your effective push is basically a PSB, WP. If he had you covered, I think my original advice applies.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:44 PM

hand 1: i would bet the turn. the board is dry, he's passive and unlikely to bluff if you check, or bluff-raise you if you bet. there are also no 2 pair hands he can have. so i'd bet flop, bet turn, check-fold river. checking can be ok if you think he'll fold 98 or 77 now but call the river if the turn goes check-check. but typically i'd bet on this board vs someone straightforward.

hand 2: pretty standard but you can check sometimes too

hand 3: nh
Old 08-06-2007, 07:02 PM

In hand 2, the only street that seems possibly questionable is preflop. Is calling with AQs standard here? (I would usually call here, but I know I place too loose in some spots preflop, so I'm curious if this is an "easy" call or a "close" call, assuming it is a call.) I take it AQo is a fold?

In hand 3, I think if you bet $10 on the flop and then $24 on the turn, you have a slightly more natural river bet left ($61 into a pot of $81). All in all, though, you bet sized nicely to leave enough to bluff the river.

BTW, if we turn hand 3 around and we are in button's shoes, what do we facing the river bet. It's pretty clear that DD has a flush draw a fair amount of the time here but (assuming we know DD is good) it's also clear he has a pretty clear value bet with As xs here as well. How often are we gritting our teeth and calling, expecting DD to show up with a spade draw without the ace often enough to make our call profitable, and how frequently are we folding?
Old 08-06-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In hand 2, the only street that seems possibly questionable is preflop. Is calling with AQs standard here? (I would usually call here, but I know I place too loose in some spots preflop, so I'm curious if this is an "easy" call or a "close" call, assuming it is a call.) I take it AQo is a fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

it depends how comfortable you are in 3-bet pots. the math says you should fold, because you won't hit enough and win enough when you do to justify calling.

but there is still a lot of room left to play poker on the flop. just like in limit, you're allowed to make calls with A high, and you can semi-bluff shove some flops, especially if you have a gutter or some backdoors. 15 or 20% equity makes a big difference. so again, it really depends how willing you are to mess around in big pots, and how well you read their hands. i'll play AQ all day vs light 3-bets in position.

[ QUOTE ]
In hand 3, I think if you bet $10 on the flop and then $24 on the turn, you have a slightly more natural river bet left ($61 into a pot of $81). All in all, though, you bet sized nicely to leave enough to bluff the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah definitely. when you're bluffing you like to be around a psb on the river

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, if we turn hand 3 around and we are in button's shoes, what do we facing the river bet. It's pretty clear that DD has a flush draw a fair amount of the time here but (assuming we know DD is good) it's also clear he has a pretty clear value bet with As xs here as well. How often are we gritting our teeth and calling, expecting DD to show up with a spade draw without the ace often enough to make our call profitable, and how frequently are we folding?

[/ QUOTE ]

most people aren't really thinking this deeply. the A is a scary looking card and their former top pair doesn't look so strong anymore. DD has taken a very strong line, and even on an obvious scare card, he has to follow through

but to answer your question, if i'm him and i'm facing DD, i'm usually calling
Old 08-06-2007, 07:43 PM

Questions.

Hand 1: What would betting the turn do for us other than fold him so he doesn't draw for free? Is someone with those stats really going to be calling with anything that doesn't beat us on the turn? Do we want to bet just to win the pot right there?

Hand 3: That pf call seems really sketchy. I know DD is really strong postflop, but OOP like that it still seems iffy. Is this more standard with good players especially if they have a strong notion MP1 will call?
Old 08-06-2007, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 1: What would betting the turn do for us other than fold him so he doesn't draw for free? Is someone with those stats really going to be calling with anything that doesn't beat us on the turn? Do we want to bet just to win the pot right there?

[/ QUOTE ]

you have to be pretty sure he's weak and straightforward to check, because the only reason you should check here is to subsequently fold. you don't want to c/f if he's sometimes betting 98s. just in general in this situation, i think i have the best hand, i think he'll sometimes call with worse, and i don't think he'll ever bluff me. so it's an easy bet for me. it also lends credibility to your 2 and 3-barrels with air

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 3: That pf call seems really sketchy. I know DD is really strong postflop, but OOP like that it still seems iffy. Is this more standard with good players especially if they have a strong notion MP1 will call?

[/ QUOTE ]

i rarely fold KQs. traditional nl theory might say it's a mediocre hand likely to be dominated, but in the games today, with loose limpers and light raisers, you're really happy to call a raise with KQs, even if you're oop
Old 08-06-2007, 08:49 PM

1)against that guy i think there is some value in a turn bet. given his AF he seems to be willing to call, probably doesn't bluff raise very often and 8Ts/89s/pp? would certainly be in his range.

2)what was your plan if you didn't turn a Queen? since we did turn one, versus a decent LAG i think i like a turn check, but could be convinced otherwise(esp. on that board).

3)sometimes i CRAI on the turn. is there any merit in that in this spot, or is it just giving up too much 'cause the turn checks through so often? i like the hand as played, though.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:40 PM

1) I probably would have bet that turn, and check/called that river. Bad?

2) Yeah, I can see that... does the all-in make it more likely to get a call, or does it matter? In NL10 6-max it seems all-ins really scare people and it seems like I hardly ever see one called. Maybe that's because they're doing it to me?

3)