Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2007, 10:58 PM

Default Re: Stupid preflop decision vs DeathDonkey

i call here but i'd fold KQo and AJo is that retarded?
Old 07-01-2007, 11:55 PM

no that's good. i would do the same.
Old 07-01-2007, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"if this is true, then he is playing bad."

he'll correct me if im wrong in this case but i doubt i am, and from my experience it's how he plays. and i defy you to beat him, he would eat you alive. he's one of the toughest live players ive played against, and ive played some pretty tough ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

none of this changes the fact that if Joe's description of SB is accurate, cold 4barrelling here with 66 or 98s is bad. besides, i am not sure how this post is about me vs. deathdonkey. i thought it was deathdonkey vs. joetall vs. some guy in the SB who never raises preflop.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:04 AM

i need to tell you the way chris described the hand to me. he said joe raised and then sb reraised and dd described him like joe did. then he said "and then im in the bb, and im playing the way i play, and i 4 bet."

even if chris is playing super tight in this spot which i doubt he is (selective is one thing, tight is another), 97s is not going to be in much harm here getting 5 to 1 with position and one of the players being passive. all sorts of button raising hands belong in the muck here, 97s is not one of them.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i need to tell you the way chris described the hand to me. he said joe raised and then sb reraised and dd described him like joe did. then he said "and then im in the bb, and im playing the way i play, and i 4 bet."

even if chris is playing super tight in this spot which i doubt he is (selective is one thing, tight is another), 97s is not going to be in much harm here getting 5 to 1 with position and one of the players being passive. all sorts of button raising hands belong in the muck here, 97s is not one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are neglecting the fact that SB may very well have a capping hand here, and since he never raises, the probability that he is sitting on AA goes up a lot.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are neglecting the fact that SB may very well have a capping hand here, and since he never raises, the probability that he is sitting on AA goes up a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Additionally, not only is the probability way high that the SB has a premium hand, he is said to play passively, so the times your 97 makes two pair/trips/straight/flush, you aren't even going to get excessive action.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Additionally, not only is the probability way high that the SB has a premium hand, he is said to play passively, so the times your 97 makes two pair/trips/straight/flush, you aren't even going to get excessive action.

[/ QUOTE ]

you will if it comes A97.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:27 AM

Position here helps a lot. Easy fold for 2-more from the BB, but from the button with a slightly larger pot you have to call. Capping has merits too IMO, but I think I prefer seeing if SB caps it himself so I know where I'm at.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Position here helps a lot. Easy fold for 2-more from the BB, but from the button with a slightly larger pot you have to call. Capping has merits too IMO, but I think I prefer seeing if SB caps it himself so I know where I'm at.

[/ QUOTE ]

SB tried to tell you where you were at the first time around. besides, given his description, he may go limp with hands that still have you murdered, like QQ-99.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SB tried to tell you where you were at the first time around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop it. Joe said the person was passive. Not super duper passive or never ever ever ever raises passive. Dude is sitting in a 4-handed 50-100 limit holdem game. That alone should tell you that he's not the nittiest dude on the block. Even Passive Guy has more than JJ-AA, AK here.