Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2007, 12:22 AM

Default Re: 2+2er Nike Plus group

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think people look retarded going backwards on the elliptical. It seems utterly pointless.

[/ QUOTE ]
the point ain't to look good, sweetheart.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oyah, I forgot. The impracticality is outweighed by the extra 3 calories you burn an hour which is immediately offset by the extra slice of pie they have with dinner.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahah what?! you're just getting argumentative now. i think men look disgusting when they're lifting - veins popping out, necks straining, weird grunting noise...but for goodness' sakes, you're at the gym! i think everyone pretty much agrees that the people who do their makeup for the gym are pretty ridiculous, so why bother caring what you look like while you're working out?
Old 01-02-2007, 12:33 AM

Default Re: 2+2er Nike Plus running group - who\'s in?

Entity,

Id heard about this and it looked cool, but I thought you had to have the nike shoes for it, now that I see you don't Im definitely in. I dont have the sensor yet, but I will get one in the next day or so. I dont plan on doing a ton of miles, and im not sure how I'll feel about listening to music while I run, but I really wanna give it a go. I created an account and my ID is "Alobar". If you wanna add me, that would be awesome.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Entity,

Id heard about this and it looked cool, but I thought you had to have the nike shoes for it, now that I see you don't Im definitely in. I dont have the sensor yet, but I will get one in the next day or so. I dont plan on doing a ton of miles, and im not sure how I'll feel about listening to music while I run, but I really wanna give it a go. I created an account and my ID is "Alobar". If you wanna add me, that would be awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried to send you an invite, can you login and see if you got it? I'm still learning how the system works. I just created a "most miles ran" challenge for the next 180 days. I'm obviously amenable to different challenges if people want to try different things -- I just wanted to learn how it works.

Rob
Old 01-02-2007, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think people look retarded going backwards on the elliptical. It seems utterly pointless.

[/ QUOTE ]
the point ain't to look good, sweetheart.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oyah, I forgot. The impracticality is outweighed by the extra 3 calories you burn an hour which is immediately offset by the extra slice of pie they have with dinner.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahah what?! you're just getting argumentative now. i think men look disgusting when they're lifting veins popping out, necks straining, weird grunting noise...but for goodness' sakes, you're at the gym! i think everyone pretty much agrees that the people who do their makeup for the gym are pretty ridiculous, so why bother caring what you look like while you're working out?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess they care cause girls like you are watching them work out.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:41 AM

btw Ent, I just got one of these for Xmas but I'm waiting a few weeks to begin running again for heal time for a severe ankle sprain.

I have a Nano and the Nike+. What should I do in the meantime? (haven't even opened the nike+ box yet).
Old 01-02-2007, 12:42 AM

hahaah touche.

i prefer not to watch people while i/they work out though - like i said, i have a tendency to fall off of machines, so distractions are not good. although i really do hate it when people grunt, it's scary.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:45 AM

I'm definitly down for this if you guys don't mind being embarassed when I put up my numbers and my Ben Johnson like jogging skills become apparent.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Entity,

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried to send you an invite, can you login and see if you got it? I'm still learning how the system works. I just created a "most miles ran" challenge for the next 180 days. I'm obviously amenable to different challenges if people want to try different things -- I just wanted to learn how it works.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt recieve anything. When I log in tho it tells me I need to buy the gear, so maybe I cant be added until Ive actually installed the nike+ stuff on my machine?
Old 01-02-2007, 12:48 AM

haha, it's not scary..

Seriously though, I don't grunt when I lift but I assume most guys do it because they think the extra expulsion of air is somehow helping them power through the weight that they are lifting (which is often too much).
Old 01-02-2007, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Entity,

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt recieve anything. When I log in tho it tells me I need to buy the gear, so maybe I cant be added until Ive actually installed the nike+ stuff on my machine?

[/ QUOTE ]

The system seems to have some bugs. PM me with the email address you used to sign up and I'll see if that works better.

Rob