Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 08:52 PM

Default Re: NL50: 3 barrels against 2+2er

I didn't know you were 2p2 and to be honest i should have and normally do fold that river. I kinda figured you'd be expecting me to fold a weaker ace or busted draw there so there was a chance i was good some % of the time. I also figured we'd be chopping a large % of the time there too, which made the call a tad easier
Old 11-27-2007, 09:00 PM

Shipit PM me your AIM
Old 11-27-2007, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't know you were 2p2 and to be honest i should have and normally do fold that river. I kinda figured you'd be expecting me to fold a weaker ace or busted draw there so there was a chance i was good some % of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont understand this though. If he sees you calling light he should assume youre station-ish so why would you think that he thinks you would fold river with a top pair hand. I mean it worked out this time that he did but I dont understand the logic behind this, what is this some reverse mind game that Im missing.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:06 PM

#$%$#%$% shipit, I didn't wanna see! plz white next time. kthx.

grunching as best as I can, I can't put him on a jack here. I like the 3-barrel against any 2+2er as they will be trying (albeit some of us are terrible at it) to put you on a hand. Our hand looks like a straight to valueville or tripping into the boat. He really can't/rather shouldn't call much of anything. However he does. <.< c/c river for the missed draws, or if you've seen him do it (I haven't), c/f to his naked A/AT.

Shipit, you are such a station here. AK is really drawing to a chop at best, but meh, metagame will pay off I'm sure (I have to stop #@$%#@$% reading MSNL and thinking about metagame).
my 2c
Old 11-27-2007, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't know you were 2p2 and to be honest i should have and normally do fold that river. I kinda figured you'd be expecting me to fold a weaker ace or busted draw there so there was a chance i was good some % of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont understand this though. If he sees you calling light he should assume youre station-ish so why would you think that he thinks you would fold river with a top pair hand. I mean it worked out this time that he did but I dont understand the logic behind this, what is this some reverse mind game that Im missing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I probably should have folded, I just figured that given what had happened earlier he would 3 barrel hands he'd normally shutdown with on the river along with the hands i've been taken to town with.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:19 PM

Im not questioning your call or fold, thats irrelevant, Im curious why you thought this way though. Like what made you think he would be more likely to push you off a hand where he saw you calling light a few hands back? Im just saying normally if someone calls light you bluff less and vb more obviously. I would think if you made some big fold or what appeared to be a big fold then he would be more likely to apply pressure, no?
Old 11-27-2007, 09:31 PM

Pro/shitip,

I agree with pro that the thinking of "oh he probably thinks I have a busted draw here some of the time...". WTF why would he assume you have a busted draw some of the time here? Also as far as bluffing AT off on the river, I doubt shipit is cold calling ATo, and its unlikely he's cc'ing ATs.

When I first saw the hand I assumed shipit likely had AQ. The other hand it could be is AK. The crutch to making this river bet profitable is more that he folds AK (and has it regularly). With someone who has some fishy parts to his stats (no offence) I wasn't very into the river bluff. If he called the turn with AK he probably made the assumption you were bluffing spades or whatever pretty often (or KQ, whatever). Which makes his turn call good. With all the draws bricking he will likely still think his ace is good and call.

I swear to god pro your always in line with my thinking now. Its kinda freaky.

Oh btw, if I had AK on the river I would think of myself in a tough spot. I would likely bet something like half pot as a blocker knowing you'll call AK and raise AQ. I wouldn't like checking the river for fear of you trying to valuebet AK (which is actually more of a bluff).

edit: Oh and ship you chimed in with I'm a fish and station-called here way too early. Gotta give it some time man...
Old 11-27-2007, 09:34 PM

fishy stats ? :< was only 40 hands yo
Old 11-27-2007, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I swear to god pro your always in line with my thinking now. Its kinda freaky.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that means Ive improved alot since I started posting here.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fishy stats ? :< was only 40 hands yo

[/ QUOTE ]

aggression factor of 1, cold called 87cc OOP in BB. Two things most tags don't do (altho cold calling weakish middle card hands like 87cc/J9cc is becoming more common).

I'm saying the AF of 1 is bad, and the cold calling of those suited connector type hands could be bad. The two added together would give me an impression that your not that great.