Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Daniel N. Would you talk to him at the table???

I would talk to him just like I would pretty much any other player. No biggie.
If they can get a read on my general skill based on how I talk then no biggie. Not sure I was going to fool them anyway into believing I am something other than what I am: A kind of thinking player who mostly sucks and doesn't have the most tourney experience in the world.

During the hand obviously I'm not going to try to out-con him or respond to his speculation on what I have.
Outside the hand though I don't think it's that big a deal and if it is then good for him.

Besides, maybe we'll get along famously and then go out drinking afterwards and have a good time. We would be dubbed the 'squinty-blinky twins' and he could ask me for advice about male-pattern baldness. We would give Mike Sexton a holler and he would meet us at whatever club we were going to and we would do shots and play quarters or some other silly drinking-game and a good time would be had by all.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:40 PM

only people over 40, ppl who watch poker on tv, and internet retards who really suck use terms like "sucker" in poker talk.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:02 PM

Watched a wsop main event episode a couple of years ago when DN started talking to a swedish guy who held top two pair after a river bet in a quite large pot, and DN held top pair no kicker. I remember how open the swedish guy was answering every question telling him he was from sweden and that he was also turkish bla bla and it struck me how relaxed he seemed. DN folded the hand although the pot was quite large and he was short on chips.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wednesday

[/ QUOTE ]

What year?

[/ QUOTE ]

I lolled.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Johny makes tons of money pwning arrogant kids who think he is an old nit.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:25 PM

I had Daniel at my table one time in a tournament. We were only involved in one hand together in which he raised my BB from middle position and I reraised with AK. I was perfectly quiet and still and I could still feel like he could read me like a book. I bet the flop and he called and I bet the turn and he folded.

I know Hellmuth's fond of saying he can see into other people's souls. Even though I won the hand that's the way I felt when Negreanu was studying me.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Watched a wsop main event episode a couple of years ago when DN started talking to a swedish guy who held top two pair after a river bet in a quite large pot, and DN held top pair no kicker. I remember how open the swedish guy was answering every question telling him he was from sweden and that he was also turkish bla bla and it struck me how relaxed he seemed. DN folded the hand although the pot was quite large and he was short on chips.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeh, Sweden and Turkey were both big red flags that he was a LAG. Obviously, you can tell a lot from his demeanor when answering the question too.

I just saw the Five Diamond Classic, and Johny probably saw it too. Amateur raises, someone reraises, Daniel and amateur flat call. The flop is QQJ or something like that and it is checked around. Amateur pushes the flop on a pure bluff with 87s. Reraiser folds an underpair. Daniel asks amateur about how many chips and some other stuff. I am sure gets a read, but he actually had pot odds to call with the gutshot, flush draw and overcards, unless it was real likely amateur had a monster.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:31 PM

i would let him suck my penis imo.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would let him suck my penis imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

All these people who registered in 06 and 07 are really bringing this forum down in quality imo.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:39 PM

I met Negreanu in Barcelona, he did a of commentating for EPT Live and I was at the feature/final table. We hung out a bit in Barcelona.

A week later we sat next to each other at the feature table in WSOPE, he was very chatty of course. I would talk to him in between hands, but never during. My friends watching the telecast told me it was obvious Negreanu had a lot of respect for me, we really didn't play too many pots. He was mostly talking about how tough it was before the internet to become a poker player, and I was just saying stuff like "why the hell would you play poker without the internet ldo"

Fwiw, Negreanu played very well, and is a very nice person.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:47 PM

do tell
imo.