Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2007, 11:38 PM

Default Press-a-Print

Anyone have exprience with Press-a-Print and their business model? I'm interested in hearing of any experiences with them.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:21 AM

Default Re: Press-a-Print

I just saw their website, no wonder you're confused. I clicked on their about-us page as well as their faq, neither tells me what it is they actually do or sell except for some 20,000 dollar investment starter package. So uhh what do they sell?
Old 04-25-2007, 12:52 AM

As best as I can determine, they are basically selling the training, equipment, and ongoing support for you to run a promotional item business, printing promotional items for other businesses (tshirts, hats, coffee mugs, golf balls, etc.).

They had a convention two years ago in vegas and I was at a table with two of the guys who ran businesses, and they said they did very well with it. At the time I wasn't interested but got on their mailing list.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:54 AM

Any idea what competitive advantage you'd gain over using say cafepress.com
Old 04-25-2007, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any idea what competitive advantage you'd gain over using say cafepress.com

[/ QUOTE ]

You are actually doing the work yourself, no middle man. You have the equipment, training, and deep discounts necessary to open a business like Cafepress, or to do promotional items for organizations or businesses etc.

It's just a different step in the process.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:42 AM

That would require more people then on staff. I hope you have friends/relatives to help you out then in exchange for equity or future wages.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:31 PM

My Aunt has been in this "industry" for about 15 years. She doesn't do any of the printing she just gets clients and then orders the items from Geiger.com (she's a Geiger partner). One of her best deals she told me about was getting a client that wanted 7,500 remote control cars with their logo on them. She made ~$8 each for about 10 total hours of work.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My Aunt has been in this "industry" for about 15 years. She doesn't do any of the printing she just gets clients and then orders the items from Geiger.com (she's a Geiger partner). One of her best deals she told me about was getting a client that wanted 7,500 remote control cars with their logo on them. She made ~$8 each for about 10 total hours of work.

[/ QUOTE ]

This looks interesting. Maybe not as great of a return, but certainly less investment and work.

Do they send her samples etc. to work with? Do they have any training program or provide any ongoing support?