Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 06:48 PM

Default Tonight UFC 78: Validation

Tell me what you think, tell me what you know, tell me what you think you know!

Don't like the Count in this one.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:19 PM

Default Re: Tonight UFC 78: Validation

Bisping gets exposed for sure, he was getting torched by Elvis before the TKO and Hammill tooled him; Rashad is >>>>>> than both of them

Edgar over Fisher by razor-thin decision

Karo over Chonan

T. Silva over Houston

Alves over Lytle
Old 11-17-2007, 07:19 PM

This card is pretty weak.

Bisping is going to get wrecked and likely drop down to 185 afterwards. TKO in the first or second round.

I think Karo will handle Chonan fairly easily but it will probably end up being a fairly boring decision. Hopefully we get to see some cool judo throws at the very least.

I hope Houston Alexander continues his path of destruction but I wouldn't feel comfortable putting money on the fight.

Rest of the card is uninteresting.

Edit: I take that back, Spencer Fisher can be fun to watch. Can't pick a winner there either though.

Bring on UFC 79.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:22 PM

Speaking of Rashad - in last night's Strikeforce event Sean Salmon was brutally KO'ed (flying knee out of nowhere) and suffered a seizure in the ring; his fighting career could be over. Just wanted to let all MMA fans know, let's hope he's ok and can continue to fight; he's a good fighter and it would be a shame to see his career end like this right as he was getting back on track from the Rashad loss.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:33 PM

It's really sickening to hear people call this card weak. The main event is weak, but it's still an interesting fight and the rest of the card is VERY solid.

For instance,

[ QUOTE ]
Rest of the card in uninteresting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you forget that there's a FOTY candidate on paper with Fisher/Edgar? Have you watched Edgar's last couple fights (which are definite FOTY candidates)?

[ QUOTE ]
...he was getting torched by Elvis...

[/ QUOTE ]

Errr....not really. He dominated round 1 and then Elvis caught him with a knee in round 2 before he recovered and put him away. He definitely had trouble with Evans, and I think Evans is a more complete fighter. Evans also claims he came into the Tito fight underweight as he lost 10 pounds during training to sickness.

If Performify is to be believed, Houston Alexander has a competent ground game, and shouldn't look like a fish out of water if the fight goes to the ground there. Everyone who has been critiquing his game is basing it on things they haven't seen. This match is tough to call because Silva's almost as much of an unknown as Houston is. I think if Silva comes into this fight with the typical Chutebox Muay Thai-or-the-highway gameplan, he's going to end up like Sakara and Jardine. I'll take Alexander here.

I'm taking Edgar over Fisher, just because of the exciting fights he's put on this year.

Chonan's been training with Team Quest, but I don't know if that's going to help him much with Karo. Karo by decision, but I'll be rooting for Ryo.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:37 AM

The fights so far have sucked.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:18 AM

houston alexander was a big time dissapointment ....

whats up with all the new refs
Old 11-18-2007, 01:44 AM

ehhh,main event was ok ...i guess..it got a little bit better when rashad got tired mid 2nd RD....to me he was clearly the winner but when i heard the 2nd judge give the fight to bisping , i was like OH not again
Old 11-18-2007, 02:03 AM

UFC 78 = one of the worst ever.

That one ref with a retarded skull and titties on display was awful IMO. If a fighter didn't throw a punch every second he would stand them up.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:17 AM

Jzo,

You realize the UFC doesn't hire referees, right?

I watched this in a crowded sports bar, but it was a pretty lackluster card in terms of action. Three of the fights were just one guy slowly imposing his will and getting a decision.

I'll have to rewatch the M.E., but I think that decision could easily go Bisping's way. IMO, Evans won round 1, Bisping won round 2, and I think you could make a case for Bisping round 3. It's nice that Evans had a lot of takedowns, but they don't mean anything if you don't do any damage, and your opponent gets up at will.

I'll have more to say about this card in the next couple days.