Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 01:12 PM

Default Re: ***Official 2007 SAN DIEGO CHARGERS THREAD ***

You guys should be solid all around but the Broncs will give you some serious comp and it will be a battle for 1st. but you also have Norv and not sure how that is going to work out for ya.

Our pass D will give Rivers fits.

Chiefs are done. Raiders might surprise.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was at the Seattle game and really not much different than I expected.

My one note though, is that their play-action rollout is an unbelievable play especially when teams are keyed in on Tomlinson. Wide open all 3 times I saw them run it.

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing I noticed was a pretty striking difference in intensity in this first preseason game compared with last year's game against Green Bay. Last year, Rivers has something to prove, the coaching staff and management were at each others throats, and most of the front seven were cycling off some powerful performance enhancing drugs [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]. Seriously, it was quite apparent that this team was ready to explode out of the gates.

This year, I like that they didn't blitz, didn't do much of anything, they just got their work in and got off the field in once piece. Merriman no longer wears the "lights out" gear, he doesn't want the nicknames or any of that flash. I think that playoff loss really hurt, and these guys know when they have to peak.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:05 AM

I didn't mention this guy, but the player to watch tonight vs. Rams for me is Rookie 1st round WR Craig Davis. I hear some good things about him from Rivers and LT interviews. Rivers likes his smarts, says he carries himself with confidence and he knows what to do. He also said that he cannot think of a pass that he has seen him drop yet. LT thinks that he is the kind of guy that can line up in the slot, run a 5 yard slant and take it 60 yards to the house.

So Davis wasn't on a lot of 1st round draft boards, but I think they got what they wanted, a good size, good speed, good hands slot receiver that can play from day one. A common set will see Jackson on his left, Parker and Gates across the way, and LT coming out of the backfield. Once they get clicking, should be fun to watch.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:17 AM

So I found myself rooting for the Raiders. It went down like this, the Niners are up 13-0, its early. Their 13 year old coach looks sad. They got no weapons, they're fumbling, penalties, you know, the Raiders, man I just felt sorry for them.

So then they put it together on this drive, Jordan looks good, they actually looked okay. I think this coach has to be pretty smart getting the job so young. They really have not much.

Brady Quinn looked really good, I saw some highlights. Strong arm, stays in the pocket, good decisions. Not bad, not bad.

I was playing Madden mostly during the Charger game, but I saw Sproles return and Rivers TD pass. Sproles didn't really do much his rookie year, but he looks like a new man so far. Weddle is just a football player, plain and simple.

I feel stupid just posting Bolts stuff myself, so c'mon Bolts fans help me out please. Or I'll just keep posting Bolts stuff myself and feeling stupid, it never stopped me before!
Old 08-19-2007, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I fear that losing Cameron will hurt significantly. His play-calling was simply brilliant.

[/ QUOTE ]

? Norv is a top 5 offensive mind.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:11 AM

http://www.dailymotion.com/jcdavey/v..._pr2gates_blog

Showing great pocket presence, 6'5'' Philip Rivers (and his cannon arm) in action, hitting his favorite target, nice hookup, courtesy of Charger forum poster JCDavey.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys should be solid all around but the Broncs will give you some serious comp and it will be a battle for 1st. but you also have Norv and not sure how that is going to work out for ya.

Our pass D will give Rivers fits.

Chiefs are done. Raiders might surprise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard about the Broncos DE Ebenezer Ekuban injury, out for the year. I was like, whatever, sucks for them. Then I saw it on TV, I was watching the replay, and the dude is down in pain, just makes me sad how this guy worked hard to get in football shape for his 9th year, and he's down and he must know its all over. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2007, 05:22 PM

Norv is a big downgrade from Schottenheimer(>1 Expected Win?). Say what you will about Marty's playoff record, but he has been one of the most consistent regular season coaches. Norv has done almost nothing since ~1993 to warrant his repeated head coaching opportunities.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:57 PM

Bolts Brief! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Great matchup from the get go, both teams obviously high expectations. First game, new coach, so hard to predict what we will see. Chargers should try to pressure Grossman, try to induce mistakes. Nice, sunny, not too hot, fast field, fired up defenses, I think both team's defenses will be a lot faster than what either offenses have seen during the preseason. Defense is a little ahead of offense early in the year, anyways.

My pick, oh what the hell, Bolts big! But if I was betting, I would go under, maybe even first half under, like what we saw in Thursdays game.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:23 PM

Not the greatest game for Bolts but a win against a top team. First game, kinda sloppy. I liked how Chargers responded to refs not calling that offsides. I thought the Bears D wore down in the sun and being on the field so much.

Bears D is great, no surprise. Grossman looks the same to me. I never felt like the Charger D was going to let the Bears get any kind of long drive. But I never felt like the Chargers could go the length of the field either. But Chargers won the turnover battle, and executed when it counted.

I nailed my Bolts Brief pick, so we'll see if I am hot this year like I was last year.