Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2006, 11:14 PM

Default Re: Limbaugh attacks Michael J. Fox

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know. Probably government funding of stem cell research.

I think Fox will let us use the cure if we get sick, he's cool like that. Sorry I got to go, my polio is acting up.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahah sick burn
Old 10-25-2006, 01:12 AM

Default Re: Limbaugh: Valid Point Made or Personal Attack

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here is a recording of Rush calling stem cell cures "nothing but speculation" and "no evidence of any of these claims".

http://mediamatters.org/items/200607200011

As I just showed in my previous link that is patently false. Rush Limbaugh is wayyyyyyyyyyyy out of line here. The burdern of proof is on him to prove adult stem cells are all we need for these rats.

[/ QUOTE ]

To Rush, the solution to everything is painkillers [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] - No further medical research needed.

rb

[/ QUOTE ]

Limbaugh is an idiot, but attacking him in this fashion is only going to divert attention from the sick thing he did here.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:34 AM

Default Re: Limbaugh attacks Michael J. Fox

[ QUOTE ]
stem cells don't work [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just so people aren't misled these were fetal neural stem cells and not embryonic. The fetal-derived cells bypasses the ethical arguments. So this can't be used to attack people who are against embryonic stem cells.

However, it seems pretty clear to me that this can be used to debunk Limbaugh.

EDIT:

Man I just read the Fumento article limbaugh sourced. These guys are hacks. Fumento references a article in science he accuses of fraud. At the same time he refuses to name the title, date, page, pretty much anything other than it had "three ESC advocates" as authors. Well he goes on to greatly misrepresent the article in science.

Gee, I wonder why he didn't source the article:

http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/conten.../313/5786/439b

It's not an advocate of ESC's but a critique of ASC statistics put out by right wing think tanks.

It's sad these guys are key players.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Rush says: "this commercial for Claire McCaskill he's using his illness in a way to mislead voters that there's a cure for Parkinson's disease if only Claire McCaskill gets elected, if only Jim Talent is defeated."
<font color="white"> . </font>
The thing is I'm not sure this is misleading. Michael J Fox only says the research gives him hope.

[/ QUOTE ]That's precisely right, and is what Adios should have focused on. Most of Limbaugh's text is standard political posturing but this is an important point, which Limbaugh distorts and then builds an argument on it. Michael J. Fox only wants (and supports) reasonable chances, not certainty. If he claimed certainty, he should have been called on it.

People who have began fights for various causes, e.g. business causes, with poor odds, will understand.

Mickey Brausch
Old 10-25-2006, 02:13 AM

What did I focus on? I thought I focused on what I perceived as a one sided post by anatta and how I thought he could have made a more balanced post that would actually bring about discussion. Apparently posting a link to Limbaugh's statments accomplished that.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here is a recording of Rush calling stem cell cures "nothing but speculation" and "no evidence of any of these claims".

http://mediamatters.org/items/200607200011

As I just showed in my previous link that is patently false. Rush Limbaugh is wayyyyyyyyyyyy out of line here. The burdern of proof is on him to prove adult stem cells are all we need for these rats.

[/ QUOTE ]

To Rush, the solution to everything is painkillers [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] - No further medical research needed.

rb

[/ QUOTE ]

Limbaugh is an idiot, but attacking him in this fashion is only going to divert attention from the sick thing he did here.

[/ QUOTE ]

it uses humor to make a point - Rush thinks of nothing but himself and what benefits him and attacking anyone with any credibility for the Democrats is part of that.

I coulda smelled his response a mile away - (but I'd probably smell him from two miles away) - see?

he is a troll for talk radio and deserves the same lack of respect he gives those who are really working to try to fix things

but hey, he brings in advertising revenue. - [censored] that dickwad. He's not even on the number one talk station in this market anymore - - LOL -

rb
Old 10-25-2006, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rush says: "this commercial for Claire McCaskill he's using his illness in a way to mislead voters that there's a cure for Parkinson's disease if only Claire McCaskill gets elected, if only Jim Talent is defeated."
<font color="white"> . </font>
The thing is I'm not sure this is misleading. Michael J Fox only says the research gives him hope.

[/ QUOTE ]That's precisely right, and is what Adios should have focused on. Most of Limbaugh's text is standard political posturing but this is an important point, which Limbaugh distorts and then builds an argument on it. Michael J. Fox only wants (and supports) reasonable chances, not certainty. If he claimed certainty, he should have been called on it.

Mickey Brausch

[/ QUOTE ]

No one really claims certainity when it comes to medical cures, but it is always a long long journey, and the more time we waste before starting, the more suffering that occurs until we get something figured out.

If Rush thought about anything other then advertising dollars and keeping his audience rabid, he'd know that -

rb
Old 10-25-2006, 12:02 PM

Im not a huge Rush fan either, but AS SOON as I saw the ad, i felt Fox may have been off his meds. He has been on TV and in public many times recently, and I have NEVER seen him shake that badly.

As to the stem cell thing, I am not talking about that. Only pointing out that I too saw the same thing.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im not a huge Rush fan either, but AS SOON as I saw the ad, i felt Fox may have been off his meds. He has been on TV and in public many times recently, and I have NEVER seen him shake that badly.

As to the stem cell thing, I am not talking about that. Only pointing out that I too saw the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't he admit in his book he goes off meds for drama?
Old 10-25-2006, 12:40 PM

From what I am learning, its the meds that cause the shaking. If you are off the meds you are stiff and unable to talk.