Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2006, 04:15 PM

Default Re: My God the Chargers look good

[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, the Colts. One of the teams the Chargers beat last year when they had the toughest schedule in the league and just missed out of postseason. Now they have one of the softest schedules and a better team.

[/ QUOTE ]

um, brees was nasty? rivers has played a preseason game vs the packers? lets not be silly.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know its exhibition season.

[/ QUOTE ]I don't think you do.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-14-2006, 04:36 PM

Default Lets Go to the Tape.

[ QUOTE ]
I remember the Bears' preseason games last season. You know who looked REALLY good? Kyle Orton.

[/ QUOTE ]

This video speaks for itself. Note:

1. Every pass including incompletions is in this video.
2. See 43 seconds.
3. Sick weapons not including LT (Orton does not have)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PHGMJLIHi9I

Overview: Second leading passer in NCAA history with 13,484 career passing yards, breaking school and ACC records ... Set NCAA record with 51 career starts at quarterback ... also finished second in NCAA history with 13,582 career yards of total offense, breaking school and ACC records ... Tied for fifth in NCAA history with 95 career touchdown passes, breaking school and ACC records ... also broke school and conference records for career passing attempts (1,710), pass completions (1,147), touchdown responsiblity (112), 300-yard passing games (18) and 400-yard passing games (7) ... started all 51 games of his four years and threw for at least 100 yards in every single game ... posted a 34-17 career record at quarterback ... first QB in ACC history, and the seventh in the history of the NCAA, to throw for 3,000 yards in three different seasons ... completed 110-161 passes in four bowl games for 1,202 yards, 10 TDs, 3 interceptions and rushed for 65 yards ... jersey number 17 was retired before last home game, Nov. 22, 2003 against Maryland ... graduated Dec. 18, 2003 with a degree in business ... A first round draft choice selected by the New York Giants with the fourth pick of the 2004 NFL Draft and was traded to the San Diego Chargers minutes later.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Lets Go to the Tape.

You do realize that virtually every NCAA, Conference and School record Rivers holds is due primarily to the fact that he started all 4 yaers.

Take a look at some of the company on the top of NCAA passing yardage list: Ty Detmer, Tim Rattay, Chris Redman, Todd Santos and Tim Lester.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:00 PM

"You do realize that virtually every NCAA, Conference and School record Rivers holds is due primarily to the fact that he started all 4 yaers.

Take a look at some of the company on the top of NCAA passing yardage list: Ty Detmer, Tim Rattay, Chris Redman, Todd Santos and Tim Lester."

I remember watching Jordan and Leon Wood play in the 1984 Olympic preseason basketball games vs. NBA players. Leon Wood had great college stats, better than MJ, but I could kinda tell that MJ was a bit better...when he left from inside the right elbow and dunked. Leon went on to a nice career in the NBA too...as a ref.

So yeah, its preseason. I get it. Accurate, strong arm, pocket presence. Look at his release. Correct me if I am wrong...thats as quick as Marino. 6'5'', He ain't gonna shrink during regular season.

"completed 110-161 passes in four bowl games for 1,202 yards, 10 TDs, 3 interceptions and rushed for 65 yards" Big game preformer. Florida State Message Board, Q: Who is the best player on opposition you have ever seen. Some said Emitt Smith. More said Phillip Rivers. Bowl opponents and FSU, better than average college teams, Rivers dominates.

LT and Gates, c'mon man.

Last years DEFENSIVE ROOKIE OF YEAR, #56 Shawne Merriman...Last years Rookie sensation, Luis Castillo. Another second year man, WR Jackson (the 6'5'' 240 receiver beating Packers twice in video. Punt returner Sproles was a ROOKIE last year. These guys are going to be even better.

The Chargers even drafted a kicker just for kickoff and he crushes it. This was a big weakness. Keating was accurate but his kickoffs sucked. Now its 5 yards deep. This very important and a tremendous improvement from last year.

I watched Breese live several times. He was a nice little QB with great weapons. Now we got a big gun. Its an upgrade. Weaker schedule, better team, Send it.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:09 PM

jesus, im a chargers fan and i think youre being a retarded homer. reeeeeelax.

you know who else looked good this weekend? ALEX SMITH. he kicked ass in college too, didn't he?
Old 08-14-2006, 05:25 PM

CHARGERS ARE A LOCK TO WIN THE SUPERBOWL AND RIVER IS GOING TO THE HALL OF FAME. DID I MENTION THAT NOBODY NOBODY WILL RUN ON THE BOLTS THIS YEAR! SUMMARY - RIVERS BETTER THAN MARINO, PR IS NEXT MJ, BASED ON COLLEGE AND PRESEASON, BOLTS D IS BETTER THAN 84 BEARS. I TRY TO GIVE YOU GUYS A HEADSUP AND ALL I GET IS THIS CRAP! I'M DONE WITH THIS FORUM (again...unless Bolts do well, then you'll see me again), YOU GUYS SUX BALLS.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll just bump this if they do well, and you guys will forget about it if they suck.

[/ QUOTE ]thats the spirit!
Old 08-14-2006, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

We'll see guys.

[/ QUOTE ]Nobody is disagreeing that the Chargers might have a really good team. They're disagreeing with your reasoning.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

We'll see guys.

[/ QUOTE ]Nobody is disagreeing that the Chargers might have a really good team. They're disagreeing with your reasoning.

[/ QUOTE ]

My reasoning is flawless, I assure you. The fact of the matter is, Steve Foley IS blacker than most all black men...okay, except Wesley Snipes. Anyways, that means he has more pure Negro in him than other black guys. Now, back in the days of slavery, they used to take the big black buck and breed him with a big black women... (Jimmy "the Greek" Parody...not to be taken seriously.) Hmm, "not to be taken seriously" reminds me of Hustler Magazine...remember those fake ads, cartoon of a guy coming home to his wife with cooking oil in hand..."You know he ain't messin' when he comes home with Wesson"...).
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]