Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 06:22 PM

Default Re: ***Official 2007 SAN DIEGO CHARGERS THREAD ***

Somebody needs to sit down with LT and tell him to STFU. Rivers is having a great game, LT is whining on the bench in the 3rd about something, gets into it with Rivers. WTF. Can you see anyone getting in Favre's face? Talking back to Manning? Brady? Big Ben?

Use LT as a decoy, use him out of the back field, use him in the 4th quarter. Let Rivers call all the plays on 1st and 2nd down. Tell LT to shut up. This team needs an identity, its not going to be LT's team this year, as soon as he realizes this, the better. Gates is a monster, makes this like Fouts and Winslow.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

2nd Most talented team in the league

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you consider video taping a talent.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:23 PM

I think we're really missing Eric Parker and Donnie Edwards this season. Edwards is one of the best cover linebackers in the league and he's also good at making tackles downfield. His absence is throwing off the pass coverage.

Parker is the most underrated wide receiver in the NFL... he is a first down machine(routinely catches 68%+ of passes thrown to him). I think the passing game will improve substantially when he is back and healthy.

I have no clue what is wrong with the offensive line. They went from being the best in the NFL last year to one of the worst this year. It defies reason.

Hopefully we turn things around. I'd love to blame Norv and Ted, but I don't think the coaching is all to blame for our fall.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:36 AM

Bolts Brief - Plagiarized Edition

[ QUOTE ]
I think we're really missing Eric Parker and Donnie Edwards this season. Edwards is one of the best cover linebackers in the league and he's also good at making tackles downfield. His absence is throwing off the pass coverage.

Parker is the most underrated wide receiver in the NFL... he is a first down machine(routinely catches 68%+ of passes thrown to him). I think the passing game will improve substantially when he is back and healthy.

I have no clue what is wrong with the offensive line. They went from being the best in the NFL last year to one of the worst this year. It defies reason.

Hopefully we turn things around. I'd love to blame Norv and Ted, but I don't think the coaching is all to blame for our fall.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just add that Chargers counted on Wilhelm to replace Edwards, right? and he's hurt.

Okay, enough about the Chargers, did you see what I did with my Bolts Brief pick? To recap, I was 2 out of 2 going into the Packer game. But I had a bad feeling about that game I said,

"I am tempted to say Bolts big", but then I checked the stars and the signs and knew that I was going to lose my pick. I couldn't pick against the Bolts, so what did I do? I put the whammy on the Broncos!

My guru would say that I shouldn't use my magical powers, much less discuss them, (I don't have a guru, but these are the kinds of things they say) so no picks this week. I am going to lay low, root for the Bolts, and have a great sports weekend. I suggest you do the same!
Old 09-30-2007, 10:25 PM

The thing that I like best about Prozac, and I get mine from Mexico, but I assume its the same compound, Floxatine, or something like that, is that its not like booze or pot, your cognitive functions really aren't impaired. You do tend to sleep 14 hours a day, but so what, really.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:45 AM

If it's any consolation, you just ran into probably the most underrated team in the NFL. Seems like no AFC west game is ever eas. IE - the Chiefs are 8-0 against the Raiders the last 4 years, by like 3 points/game average win. You have to play your best to win, and obviously the Chargers weren't today.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:02 AM

I think the problem with the charges is Rivers - I [censored] hate this guy. He sucks. He makes me nervous every time it is a pass play, not to mention that he throws INTs at the WORST possible time. Such as vs NE when they scored their first position, Rivers comes out the first play and throws a pick- WTF Rivers?
Old 10-01-2007, 11:23 AM

He's got the athletic ability of a stone. When he scrambles, it looks like some dude off the street running out there. He's missing on a lot of passes in key situations. I'd honestly rather have Brees right now even though he has sucked worse. At least Brees is a leader, Rivers is a little baby. I will say that I think Rivers will be a good QB, but he has some growing up to do. A QB has to take control of the team and earn the respect that this is his team, Rivers hasn't done that and his personality is not such that the guys are going to rally around him. That probably will come with time and when LT is gone and he's the unquestioned man on the team, like when he's 30 and grown up.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:40 AM

I thought I had a posting jinx going so I stopped and the Chargers have been winning since, but I don't care about posting jinx or any superstitious stuff anymore. Non-attachment to the result, screw the jinx. There is even a chance that there is no relationship whatsoever to posting and performance. You ever think of that? I bet you didn't.

Bolts doing much better, but what can you do, Rivers ain't Brady or Manning, he never will be. I thought he had a chance to get at least close to that level last year, but not only has he not progressed, those 2 are getting better. He went to the Pro Bowl his first year, 14-2, so its no so far fetched, but Manning got the monkey off his back, and Brady is just so sick. Meanwhile, Rivers cannon arm is not really.

There is a chance I run faster than he does, I am serious, I might be faster than him, and girls pass me when I jog in the park, but I am not going full speed, I can beat most all girls in like a 40, I know I can, I'm 38, but I could dunk a basketball like 20 years ago, so I have some athletic skills. Once I was watching a game with a friend and he asked if I thought he was faster than Wayne Chrebet and I said you're not even faster than me, so we ended up racing in the parking lot, he beat me and we both strained our hamstrings, but I might be faster than Rivers.