Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 07:34 PM

Default Re: UFC 76 - KNOCKOUT!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Liddell looked confused out there. Kept thinking he would knock him out the entire time and had no back up plan if he didn't. Just stood there getting punched and kicked to the body.

Griffen manhandled the number 1 ranked 205'er in the world lol. Welcome to UFC Shogun. Join your buddy Cro Cop on the waiting list to early retirement.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, Cro Cop is on the wrong side of 30. Shogun is 25, just like another phenom who got stopped this year - GSP. He isn't going anywhere.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, Cro Cop, Wandy, Shogun...is the cage format that much of a difference maker? Or are the restrictive rules UFC uses taking that much from international fighters' game? Will Fedor be the next victim?

[/ QUOTE ]
there were lots of undersized japanese guys padding the pride divisions who made the legit fighters look more invincible than they actually were.

fedor only really has three wins in 4-5 years as good as the two couture has this year.

pride didn't test for drugs, which is going to make a difference with some guys.

the pride guys have also probably run bad since coming over
Old 09-23-2007, 08:50 PM

OK I can accept Jardine with the upset against Chuck, but Shogun's lost was a shocker. FFS, I would've mortgage the house on Shogun to win and wipe the mat with Forrest.

I think gehrig has got it right. IMO the drug testing is huge and the fact that a lot of the top fighters in pride I felt were being protected by being fed. The UFC has always marketed itself as a 'sport' so when these fighters come in there really isn't any real easy fights anymore.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:47 AM

Very good card. I'm still shocked that Shogun lost. I've never seen him gas like that before--he has fought in the Pride 10-minute round 1 so it is strange to gas in the UFC format.

The judge who scored the Jardine-Liddell 29-28 Liddell is completely incompetent. Liddell looks washed up.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:06 AM

Shogun's never had great cardio, though it's never bit him in the ass like last night.