Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Help my horse (and me)

Hi all,

I am trying to help a buddy out with small stakes nl. What are the best sites to play now for $0.50-$1 and $1-$2? (And is $2-$4 small stakes?) Are you finding bots and/or set farmers are hurting the games much? We're only interested in sites that pay quickly and without hassle. How are FTP and Pokerstars nowadays? Is PokerTracker still the best software? Should he use overlays?

(For those of you who are curious, I gave up online poker last spring. The video game + poker addiction aspect was interfering with sleep -- I couldn't sleep well after playing -- so I quit. And for those of you who have to hear it, yes, I won a lot and still could easily.)

My guy plays ok and has control and some clue about the math of poker, but does not know how to play JJ and AK, when to play 76s, when to fire a second barrel, what circumstances make 55 a good play, and so forth. The plan is to beat the book's techniques into his head and see what he can do. You'll be getting updates, but we won't be starting until after Tunica.

Play good, 'cause I may see you online and post your hands.

Any help is appreciated. PMs are fine.

Thanks!

Matt