Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 11-24-2007, 02:41 AM

Default Re: Just Got Patrik Antonius Answer To The Question I Asked Kenny Tran

wow. That really strengthens the live player side of the argument.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm about to go to whataburger and get some breakfast

[/ QUOTE ]

Have a nice meal ^_^
Old 11-24-2007, 02:43 AM

This is interesting, thanks OP.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:43 AM

Antonius = best leveller ever?
Old 11-24-2007, 02:44 AM

I think the answer to all this is simple. Online guys see a lot more hands and are generally just all around smarter than the old school love pros. IF and a big IF, the live guys are better at live deep stacked poker, then it would just be a matter of the top online NL pros dedicating themselves to the nuances of deep stacked play and then it would be all over for the live guys. And obviously with 100bb stacks it's not even close. The online guys would destroy the live guys.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:45 AM

Yeah, this is seriously ridiculous to think that the top online pros would not be able to adjust to a full ring game well enough to have a good edge against most of the live pros.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:47 AM

is it me or is online players some fraternity of "we are the best" and so forth.

no matter how its sliced, we are all poker players.

each realm has its own advantages and disadvantages.

but whatever, it all goes back to what ive said before. the best players play anyone anytime. i guarentee patrik will play omg and uridanger and luclongley anytime but they wont play him. ive seen it before. urindanger is sitting and patrik sits in front of him........and uridanger splits.

theres only two online guys i used to respect and thats sbrugby and durrrrr. they played anyone anytime usually but now sb is trying to figure out how to play again and durrr is just shortstacking so now i dont see how anyone from the online world can argue with kenny or patrik.

the top dogs here arent even challenging patrik on the online court where the onliners are supposed to have an edge. so what makes anyone in here think these online guys are better?

and i dont want to hear anything about how the ev is so small and all that crap. i never hear ivey or patrik or kenny talk about ev. they just play.

the online guys should either prove it or bow down or just forget the argument of the differences between online and live players. its a pussy argument on the online side because all i see is the online world "talking" and not backing it up enough.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:47 AM

I have been a proponent of the online player side of the argument for a while now but this just makes me do a 180. I mean who could be better suited to answer this question than PA?

I am not saying im convinced overall but this makes the endless arguement slightly more interesting.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:49 AM

David,

Did you ask him about the top 20 in a deep live shorthanded NLHE game?
Old 11-24-2007, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
is it me or is online players some fraternity of "we are the best" and so forth.

no matter how its sliced, we are all poker players.

each realm has its own advantages and disadvantages.

but whatever, it all goes back to what ive said before. the best players play anyone anytime. i guarentee patrik will play omg and uridanger and luclongley anytime but they wont play him. ive seen it before. urindanger is sitting and patrik sits in front of him........and uridanger splits.

theres only two online guys i used to respect and thats sbrugby and durrrrr. they played anyone anytime usually but now sb is trying to figure out how to play again and durrr is just shortstacking so now i dont see how anyone from the online world can argue with kenny or patrik.

the top dogs here arent even challenging patrik on the online court where the onliners are supposed to have an edge. so what makes anyone in here think these online guys are better?

and i dont want to hear anything about how the ev is so small and all that crap. i never hear ivey or patrik or kenny talk about ev. they just play.

the online guys should either prove it or bow down or just forget the argument of the differences between online and live players. its a pussy argument on the online side because all i see is the online world "talking" and not backing it up enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the online guys don't want to play 1 guy, that makes them overall worse than the live set? I don't really follow your logic.