Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 12:37 PM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

Lot of good applications so far. I'm very excited about doing this.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:37 PM

meme
Old 11-19-2007, 12:39 PM

I know I wont fit in what you liked to hear (I am only a breakeven player and cant put in tons of hours bc of studying),

but,

I was wondering if it was still possible to see you play and hear you talk about it or is this also going to be exclusive to your "members"?
Old 11-19-2007, 12:42 PM

This post makes me sad that I can't play online untill january [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2007, 12:43 PM

i thought of you as someone who might want to be one of the mentors.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:46 PM

1. How you are currently improving your game 2. Your poker goals. 3. Your current stakes and past earnings 4. A few examples of good strategy posts you have made. 5. A little about yourself. If you're capable and willing to run the site and videos include that in your reply. Please apply ONLY in this thread.

1. I improve my game by talking with fellow 2p2ers and reading through my PT database looking for mistakes after each session.

2. My poker goals: I ultimately want to play 200-400NL and have supplemental income.

3. My current stakes are 50-100NL(Just moved up in the past few days). My winrate has been between 4 and 6 pt/bb in the long run at the various stakes, 100NL is yet to be determined. I've played almost 200k hands since March of last year. I run between 20/15 to 25/21 depending on how LAGGY the table is feeling.

4. I don't have any examples of good strategy posts on hand, but I often comment on threads where I think that the general sentiment is way off, and that the correct action hasn't been mentioned.

5. I'm a 19 year old undergrad at Johns Hopkins. I'm majoring in economics, international studies and I have a very mathy/statistics background. I love to play poker, it's a great hobby, and the money is a huge plus.

Additional: I have/and or are capable of using the programs/have the equipment you mentioned.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:46 PM

1. How you are currently improving your game
Currently I am improving my game by reading articles, publications and anything I can get my hands on that involves NLHE. I am reading such books as Harrington on holdem, Supersystem 1 and I plan to read the next books in those series. I also watch poker on TV any chance I get to study the different styles of play

2. Your poker goals.
My poker goals consist of becoming a winning player, and be able to make poker a more than just a hobby.

3. Your current stakes and past earnings
I was staked in the Razz FTOPS and placed pretty well (Not in the money) as I am an all around player, but would like to focus on NLHE cash games. My earnings consist of grinding .25/.50 razz and .5/.10 NLHE making close to $300+ starting with no more than $50.

4. A few examples of good strategy posts you have made.
I don't make too many strategy posts, but I do post my hands whenever I feel that I am in doubt or question about a certain play, if you look in my history of posts, you will find a bunch.

5. A little about yourself. If you're capable and willing to run the site and videos include that in your reply.
I'm a Junior in college studying Philosophy. I plan on getting a BA. After school I plan on pursuing poker as far as it will take me, as well as becoming a certified ski instructor. I enjoy playing poker, skiing, weight lifting, and a lot of other sports. I could really use the opportunities poker can provide (money) in order to make a more comfortable life for myself as I have been struggling financially the past 12 years with just me and my Dad. I love the game of poker and the money is just a bonus, but if it can help create an easier atmosphere financially, I won't mind [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Also to add, please state how many hours you have played in the last 5 months and earnings in that time.
[b] I play about 20-30 hours a week and in the past 5 months is when I have earned all my winnings of $300+ grinding out low stakes cash games. I have made more playing with friends , but those are my winnings online. Incorporating poker with friends I've easily made over $1,000.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:47 PM

1. Posting and reading threads in uNL/watching CR videos/reviewing hands with PT I felt needed more attention/also read the higher stakes forums when I get a chance/read alot of the wells
2. I want to be a consistent winning player. I just moved to 50NL so I want to crush that before I move up to SSNL. Once I move up I'll most likely be playing 100NL/200NL for awhile . I think moving up past those limits will be the real test for me from what I hear about the difference in skill levels. I want to move up to whatever stake I feel I can beat consistently/I'm most comfortable at. Whether that's 100NL/400NL/1000NL I'm not really sure at this point
3. 50NL around 2K. I find it hard to put in volume.
4. To be honest my strat posts are meh.. they're short and to the point. As far as theory/poo bah posts I intend to write one in the near future.
5. I'm 20. Engineering student from NY. I love playing/listening to music/web design/and other geeky [censored].
Old 11-19-2007, 12:54 PM

1. How are you currently improving your game?

-I am receiving coaching from a 10/20 player here on 2+2, and communicate with a housemate who played big games on crypto back in the day. I also sweat for free a few of my friends who I'm teaching to play at .05/.1 and have bankrolled a few others at .25/50. I think this is an interesting dynamic, because I'm clearly not above receiving coaching, and I'm interesting in helping others as I'm giving back to the community. Also am a cardrunners member.

2. Poker goals

-I am quitting my job in less than two weeks to play poker professionally and see how that goes. Lately I have been mixing up my play between 8-10 tables of 1/2 all the way to 2 tables of 3/6 or 4 tables of 2/4. 1/2 is my bread and butter money making game right now, but I want to improve as a player as well, so I'm taking calculated shots when the games look good.

3. Current stakes and earnings

-Like I mentioned, I currently play 8-10 tables of 1/2 or 2-4 tables of 2/4 or 3/6. I made $13k last month and about that this month so far, and for 2007, my first year as a no limit player, I will approach and maybe surpass $100,000.

5. A little about yourself.

-Graduated college with degrees in biology and chemistry in 2006. Play rugby, basketball and baseball and enjoying reading and writing. Also play the guitar and enjoy attending the orchestra. I want to get involved with finance, investing or starting a business/company someday, but right now I'm just interested in making that paper. Have all the tools for vid making/sharing/skyping, etc

Thanks
Old 11-19-2007, 01:03 PM

I coached my mom in micro MTTs, and she is now a winner over 800 tournaments sample (True story).

I think this should be enough to win [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Closed Thread