Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 09:35 PM

Default Flamingo LV Poker Dealers are unprofessional & spoiled

There's a few dealers at the Flamingo that either need to:

1) Get recertified in their "FOCUS" training
or
2) Get fired.

I was playing the garbage 1/2 NL game there last night, and the dealer behavior I've seen was nothing short of atrocious.

First off, and this is somewhat of a more minor complaint, but a dealer broke our table. There were 2 tables of 1/2 NL going, and as the night progressed, they both started getting shorthanded. The tables were 6 and 5, I was on the 5 handed table, when the dealer said "We're going to draw for seats for the full table". No one asked to break our game (I was happy with it shorthanded), and as luck would have it, our biggest donator drew the worst card, and instead of waiting for a seat, he left.

Second, when we moved to the new table, it was the absolute worst case of dealer slow-down I've ever seen. No joke, it was taking this guy at least 25-30 seconds to pitch out the cards to the players. Instead of a normal dealers "pitch pitch pitch pitch pitch" routine, this guy was no exaggeration "pitch- pause- look- pitch- pause- look- pitch- pause-". I wasn't sure if it was just the break-in from hell dealer that just couldn't do any better, until after a particular hand, someone toked him a dollar, and he sarcastically said "Wow, thanks for the tip sir. It's been a lonnng time since I saw one of those. The very next hand, I put out a redbird to live straddle, and he glares at me and rudely says "What's that?" Excuse me, but isn't this a 1/2 game, where like 800 people a night live-straddle? Do I really need to explain what a straddle is to you.

Third, his STOPPING of the game, when I didn't tip. I picked up $8 in blinds, and purposefully stiffed him. Normally, I'll tip the dealer even on a blind steal, but this guy honestly didn't deserve 1 penny, so I gave him nothing. I steal the blinds, player next to me jokingly says something like "musta been seven deuce offsuit", and the dealer then starts suiting up the cards. WTF?! Someone asks the dealer what he's doing, and he says he thought someone said a card was damaged. No one said a damn thing, and if it was suspected that there were damaged cards, then call for a freakin setup.

Dealer finally gets pushed out, and as he's getting up, he rudely says "Thanks to anyone that tipped. For everyone else, tsch...(obnoxious sucking teeth sound)"

Next dealer was somewhat faster but barely any better- saying comments mid-hand like "Only $15 more", no one has a club? (on a board with 4 clubs at the river), etc.

Absolutely atrocious and unacceptable behavior by any standards. And since half the people there don't have name tags, I can't even identify them by name. But FYI, the guy that was on slow down for lack of tips was a tall black guy, working the graveyard shift on a Thursday night/Friday morning (it was about 4am when I played).

Who hires and supervises these people?
Old 10-26-2007, 09:43 PM

Default Re: Flamingo LV Poker Dealers are unprofessional & spoiled

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to take a stab at it here. The person who supervises these people was most likely the graveyard shift manager whom most likely was somewhere in the room. You should have brought these complaints to his attention. I bet he knows their names.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:49 PM

sandman has a point. Instead of just complaining on an internet forum, you really should go to the supervisor in charge. Coming here will do no good, going to someone who can actually do something about it is +EV.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to take a stab at it here. The person who supervises these people was most likely the graveyard shift manager whom most likely was somewhere in the room. You should have brought these complaints to his attention. I bet he knows their names.

[/ QUOTE ]
Heh, ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer I guess.

I really don't want these people fired I guess, since that would only increase the chances of them getting a job somewhere else that I actually enjoy playing. And I really doubt that floor cares much, as we were playing on the table right in front of the cashier/board op desk. There's no way that floor isn't aware of the unprofessionalism these dealers have.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Heh, ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer I guess.

I really don't want these people fired I guess, since that would only increase the chances of them getting a job somewhere else that I actually enjoy playing. And I really doubt that floor cares much, as we were playing on the table right in front of the cashier/board op desk. There's no way that floor isn't aware of the unprofessionalism these dealers have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its unlikely that these dealers would be fired simply becdause of your complaints. But they may get some disciplinary action designed to correct the problem. Now if there are repeated complaints of this sort they may get fired.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:03 PM

I actually like all the dealers at the Flamingo and enjoy playing there whenever I'm in LV.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I really don't want these people fired I guess, since that would only increase the chances of them getting a job somewhere else that I actually enjoy playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt this highly. The competition is way too insane for any dealing job in this town. I'm surprised people keep leaving their good jobs for this town right now. There aren't any jobs! For example the joint I work in had a part time (on call only) job open up. Over 700 applicants for it, and that job is a 1 day a week, sometimes 2 when called in. Almost every job applicant had "Job status: Unemployed" on there. Trust me, they aren't winding up somewhere else that you play.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:51 PM

Default omfg stand back people, it\'s nut-kicking time

These mo-fos would not be too happy if I was around for this. Wham! Square in the nuts! I'd kick 'em so hard they'd come clean off the ground about three feet.

And if I was the boss these people would all be kicked in the nuts, then fired.

I know it sucks when you're dealing and not getting tipped. Then you finally push someone a $700 pot and they throw you a buck. What's the procedure here?

You say "thank you" and you mean it, no sarcasm, no teeth sounds, just a sincere thanks. Then you deal the next hand at your normal pace, without slowdowns or pauses. There is no other acceptable answer, period.

I have no patience for these people. There are probably 500 applications for these jobs. Problem-solution.

Al
Old 10-26-2007, 11:13 PM

Default Re: omfg stand back people, it\'s nut-kicking time

[ QUOTE ]
These mo-fos would not be too happy if I was around for this. Wham! Square in the nuts! I'd kick 'em so hard they'd come clean off the ground about three feet.

And if I was the boss these people would all be kicked in the nuts, then fired.

I know it sucks when you're dealing and not getting tipped. Then you finally push someone a $700 pot and they throw you a buck. What's the procedure here?

You say "thank you" and you mean it, no sarcasm, no teeth sounds, just a sincere thanks. Then you deal the next hand at your normal pace, without slowdowns or pauses. There is no other acceptable answer, period.

I have no patience for these people. There are probably 500 applications for these jobs. Problem-solution.

Al

[/ QUOTE ]
Well said, thank you.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:29 AM

Default Re: omfg stand back people, it\'s nut-kicking time

Last time I was in AC, same thing (new dealer sits down, then gives a sarcastic thanks for a $1 tip for a ~ $100 pot...). For the rest of his down, anytime I won a pot, I tossed a $1 chip into the trash can nearby. Got some strange looks, but I'm sure he got the message.