Old 11-05-2007, 11:55 PM

Default Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

from Mike Haven above...

[ QUOTE ]

Pokergirl z - 172,075 hands
grego777 - 85,403 hands
Daurgman - 62,148 hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Guilty or innocent, this is not leaving a good taste in the mouth [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2007, 01:01 AM

FWIW I compared my stats on every street to those given for the player(s) in question, and my numbers are VERY similiar. I play lots of HU on a smaller site at much lower limits. I sure hope they had much better evidence than some similiar stats.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:06 AM

possibly FT dosnt wanna disclose how they catch ppl in order to prevent botters from adapting to the security measures.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
possibly FT dosnt wanna disclose how they catch ppl in order to prevent botters from adapting to the security measures.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do we have any reason to believe FTP uses any technique other than "similar stats" to determine "bots"?

This is like a major bank having the passcode of "1234" on their vault, getting broken in to - and rather than changing their code and implementing more thorough security measures, simply continuing as-is and stating they cannot divulge how the thieves accessed their vault since it may help future thieves.

No?
Old 11-06-2007, 02:13 AM

that's almost certainly the most likely reason for FTP's secretiveness (the other possibility is general incompetence) but we don't apply such thinking to any other rule breaking in society.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, very true. If sillysal is proven to be a bot, they caught her after only 172000 hands.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I've sweated friends playing pokergirl z and casually watched her play on many ocassions. I personally never saw any evidence of botting. As telling as anything, she was definitely prone to tilting and did so on many ocassions. Another thing pokergirl z did that a bot wouldn't do is leave games quickly after getting stuck ~5-10 bets (even against known fish). I'm just not sure what to think anymore.

Can someone who's seen some information answer whether multiple accounts (per Mike and specifically "pokergirl z" and "greggo77") had anything to do with Full Tilt's decision?

[/ QUOTE ]

the fact that she got up consistnely after 5 - 10 bets EVEN AGAINST A FISH, is pretty good evidence she is in fact a bot. also someone mentinoed earlier she only played HU and even if a fish sat 3 handed crazysal would sit out. seems suspicious to me
Old 11-06-2007, 03:31 PM

I guess I'm losing faith in the human race, or maybe I'm just naive... It is sounding more and more like she is guilty. I honestly believed in the beginning she was innocent. I wanted to believe it was all a big mistake, and that she would be getting her money back and everything would be fine. From now on, I am just going to wait until the forum can get as many facts as we can before I pass judgment. Anyway, I just had to vent, that's all.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I'm losing faith in the human race, or maybe I'm just naive... It is sounding more and more like she is guilty. I honestly believed in the beginning she was innocent. I wanted to believe it was all a big mistake, and that she would be getting her money back and everything would be fine. From now on, I am just going to wait until the forum can get as many facts as we can before I pass judgment. Anyway, I just had to vent, that's all.

[/ QUOTE ]
Online poker rooms face a constant onslaught from criminals. Colluders, credit card thieves, botters, hackers, extortionists, money launderers, spammers, and confidence men. They attack the rooms, they attack the money transfer sites, and they attack the players.

Whatever else we may think about security at FTP and other poker rooms, we shouldn't delude ourselves into thinking they have an easy job. It's a very hard world out there.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do we have any reason to believe FTP uses any technique other than "similar stats" to determine "bots"?

This is like a major bank having the passcode of "1234" on their vault, getting broken in to - and rather than changing their code and implementing more thorough security measures, simply continuing as-is and stating they cannot divulge how the thieves accessed their vault since it may help future thieves.

No?

[/ QUOTE ]

Saw this posted in a cheater's bot forum, I wonder if it has anything to do with their new methods -

'Darse Billing (one of the University of Alberta's computer poker research group leads) got employeed by full tilt. dunno if that's going to be good or bad for the game.'