Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

View Poll Results: What do you think of the game balance?
Heavily favored the Village 3 13.64%
Favored the Village 8 36.36%
Balanced 9 40.91%
Favored the Demons 2 9.09%
Heavily favored the Demons 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-26-2007, 02:53 AM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

[ QUOTE ]

The DB is Postgres SQL

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG dream come true [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

I think that people like you are going to have a lot of fun with the reporting functionality because you can build and share some fairly complex, creative reports with very little effort.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

<--- Guaranteed customer [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2007, 03:48 AM

Wow, great work. I can send you some iPoker hands tonight - how shall I get them to you?

Will you be able to offer a similar level of support to PT? Will the Holdem Manager forum have a dedicated area for users to share reports?
Old 06-26-2007, 03:52 AM

This looks great. As regards the HUD, I don't know if you noticed the "free HUD release" for Full Tilt a couple of days ago. My reason for mentioning is that in my opinion the guy has it spot on regards many many aspects of that, in the stats offered, how they are offered and how they are calculated.

For example, the idea of doing a stat as following, % of an action given it there was a chance to do so. i.e. No point doing %3-bet as overall hands, rather as a % of the times somebody has alreay raised.

Also the best thing I found about that HUD was the way every action is also split into positional based stats.

Maybe you have talk to the guy, as he seems to have really thought out why people want these stats and how to provide them. It would be great if something can get out into the marketplace that supports (and will do in the future) all the sites and has these kind of positional stats, 3-bet/4-bet stats, float stat etc. PT / PAHUD have been slow to do this, and so a little competition might be exactly what this portion of the online poker software market needs.

Another thing I think is important if you could co-operate with the likes of the creators of SpadeEye and SixthSense, as game selection is all important (especially as the games get harder). If you application doesn't allow game selection tools (as mentioned above) to take your data, I think it will discourage many people who use them from swapping to your product. PT has remained the dominant application, because so many other side products can run off its DB.

If your product is to get serious market share it is going to have to offer what PT and more. I think the PO has remained in the shadows as other than the speed issue (due to being coded in Java) as none of the add-ons that PT has spawned were made PO compatible.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, great work. I can send you some iPoker hands tonight - how shall I get them to you?

Will you be able to offer a similar level of support to PT? Will the Holdem Manager forum have a dedicated area for users to share reports?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi,

Please send them to Tourneymgr@gmail.com for now

I will have the forum up shortly and although Poker Tracker Pat does a great job with support, I think I score pretty good marks in that area as well. I'm the author of Tourney Manager which is used by a good chunk of the STTF forum so I've had a lot of experience supporting end users, updating the application, adding features etc before.

Thanks,

Roy
Old 06-26-2007, 04:03 AM

Yes! Can't wait for it.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This looks great. As regards the HUD, I don't know if you noticed the "free HUD release" for Full Tilt a couple of days ago. My reason for mentioning is that in my opinion the guy has it spot on regards many many aspects of that, in the stats offered, how they are offered and how they are calculated.

For example, the idea of doing a stat as following, % of an action given it there was a chance to do so. i.e. No point doing %3-bet as overall hands, rather as a % of the times somebody has alreay raised.

Also the best thing I found about that HUD was the way every action is also split into positional based stats.

Maybe you have talk to the guy, as he seems to have really thought out why people want these stats and how to provide them. It would be great if something can get out into the marketplace that supports (and will do in the future) all the sites and has these kind of positional stats, 3-bet/4-bet stats, float stat etc. PT / PAHUD have been slow to do this, and so a little competition might be exactly what this portion of the online poker software market needs.

Another thing I think is important if you could co-operate with the likes of the creators of SpadeEye and SixthSense, as game selection is all important (especially as the games get harder). If you application doesn't allow game selection tools (as mentioned above) to take your data, I think it will discourage many people who use them from swapping to your product. PT has remained the dominant application, because so many other side products can run off its DB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi,

I actually IM'ed the guy that wrote that other tool and let him know that I think he really nailed it in terms of the stats he has used and how he had laid them out.

The answer to all of your questions is yes - stats are saved positionally and based on preceding action. So, you can see how often xyz player raises from the CO vs 2 or more limpers if you wanted to. Also, stats are all based on # times action taken / # times action was possible as you would expect.

I hope to have many 3rd party developers add support for my program. I actually use SpadeEye and we've worked together on some other cross promotional stuff with Tourney Manager and his ICM product. I haven't spoken to either him or the Sixth Sense guys about this particular project but 1) the DB is laid out in a matter that will allow them to integrate fairly easily and 2) I'd be glad to assist them in the integration.

I have a lot of respect for Poker Tracker and PA HUD and I think having another choice is better for everyone. I'll push them and they'll in turn push me into making better products so things should get interesting!

rvg
Old 06-26-2007, 04:39 AM

Sounds like you have got a great attitude to all of this, and that you have put a lot of hard work into it. I'm am nailed on to test it out, and of course provide construction comment on the application and bugs. I would be interested in helping out the beta testing, I am in the software business and so have a decent idea what is required.

I am really excited about your product coming to market. The whole area of analysis tools has stagnated over the past year or so, and now with this and the PokerEV stuff there is real potential for some serious improvement in the areas many of us serious players have been wanting for quite a while e.g. speed of import, positional based stats, 3/4 betting.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:01 AM

This looks awesome. Can't wait to try it out.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:09 AM

RVG, an important question:

The poker sites are doing updates to their software on a regular basis. From time to time your HUD wont be able to display the stats or there's something else wrong with HoldemManager.

Will you have the time (and the effort) to constantly update the software and to provide reasonable tech support? Will you be adding new features on a regular basis?
Old 06-26-2007, 07:15 AM

sounds great - if that software supports iPoker I am an guaranteed customer !

If you need tons of iPoker HH's PM me.