Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 06:44 AM

Default Tough spot for AA & KK?

Please tell me what is the right play here? Sorry about posting two hands, but they kinda go together.

<u>Hand 1 KK</u> - Here the villain was 23/0/2 after only 13 hands so really no read.
50NL (6 handed) Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($49.35)
Hero ($47.70)
SB ($46.15)
BB ($87.47)
UTG ($16.45)
MP ($90.60)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $5.50, CO calls $4.

Flop: ($18.25) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, BB calls $15, CO folds.

Turn: ($48.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $14</font>, Hero???

<u>Hand 2 AA</u> - Here I was playing 6 max and the table emptied all of a sudden so we were HU. Villain was 74/4/1 after only 23 hands, so again no real read.
50NL (2 handed) Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($62.35)
Hero ($47.20)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, Button calls $2.50.

Flop: ($7) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, Button calls $7.

Turn: ($21) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $3.5</font>, Hero calls $3.50.

River: ($28) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $48.35 (All-In)</font>, Hero???
Old 11-21-2007, 06:50 AM

Default Re: Tough spot for AA & KK?

Hand 1 I really think u have too push here... tough luck.

Hand 2 I think I had called and smashed my keyboard too peices after for beeing so stupid. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Seriously though I think u are beat alot in hand 2 and I think a fold is good.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:52 AM

Both hands i would raise much more.....10-15BB at least....
Old 11-21-2007, 06:53 AM

Hand 1:
Pf is fine. The cbet is ok. I shove turn here for value and protection. He will stack off with TT+. Or he might be drawing to a straight or flush. His bet looks kind of weak (not even half pot), that's what makes me think hi is drawing.

Hand2:
You're HU. Overpair = monster imo. Seriously. The only reason why I am checking to turn is to CRAI. His bet on turn looks very weak. So you might as well raise it up here. As played I'm calling river.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:53 AM

H1: Push it, push it real good.
H2: Fold it like a deckchair.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:08 AM

Hand 1: Push, probably against a lower overpair, maybe aces; but then so be it.
Hand 2: Raise the turn please! As played I would fold river.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:23 AM

I'd probably bet the turn in hand two. His range is a lot wider than flushes and you cant give him the opportunity to outplay you later.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:23 AM

Hand 1 - both preflop and cbets are good. I'd push turn

Hand 2 - you really really needed to raise that turn. His turn bet doesn't make sense, as if he had the flush surely he'd want to extract value by betting more, then again he could be a donk and doesn't know how to extract...hmm I think I'd call, but I wouldn't be too happy with it.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:27 AM

hand1: push turn
hand 2: lead turn
Old 11-21-2007, 06:35 PM

Thanks for all the posts. I think I whimped out in both cases because I folded both, but here was my thinking at the time. Comments on my thought process are appreciated.

<u>Hand 1</u> In both hands I start off in a strong aggressive stance hoping to take it down quickly. In the KK hand the BB watches me 3-bet and he smooth calls. Then he smooth calls my pot-sized c-bet. At this point I start to think about what hands show this kind of confidence against my aggression. He's got to at least think I might have QQ, KK, AA, or AK. Then he bets $14 on the turn with a very safe looking board against my range. I think this bet is tempting me to shove, or at least it's a call me bet because he's hoping to get more on the river. I felt really strongly that there was a high probability that he smooth called a raise and re-raise from the BB with AA. Then after the hand he typed:

Villain: JJ
Villain: what did you have
Villain: AQ?

I didn't answer. I figured he was trying to tilt me because if I'm right, he was pretty sure I had either QQ or KK.

<u>Hand 2</u> On this one, again I start out as the aggressor. I think you are right, I should have definitely pushed back hard on the turn. I think he had two pair because he was playing 74% and this was HU, so he had probably switched to 100%. Now that I look back, maybe he didn't like that 2nd 2 coming out. Now I have two pair, Aces and 2's. Maybe I should have called.

Anyway, comments on my thoughts are welcome. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]