Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 10:21 AM

Default Re: Jman\'s High Stakes Poker Trip Report (long)

The only argument I agree with from most of the morons posting in this thread is that Jman focused too much on playing great poker and not enough on investing long term into his TV personality which would grant him return invites into some great games.

Other than that, anyone talking about his skill as a poker player and him being a donk because he accidentally folded the split is utterly clueless.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:07 PM

i'm not sure if anybody's pointed this out, but jman threw away half a pot. lol embarassed!
Old 11-06-2007, 01:32 PM

[/ QUOTE ]I think it’s really unfortunate that America would rather watch bad, loud poker than extremely high level thinking from the true best players in the world, but I guess they don’t know any better.

I would love if someone would do a show where Me, durrr, Aba, and two more (Not saying I’m necessarily one of the best 5 online players and don’t wanna make a top 5 list) each play HU v Ivey, Doyle, Negreanu, etc. Like, we each pair up with a pro and play best of 3 HU 200bb freezouts. Each team puts up $2mm or whatever and whichever team wins most out of 5 splits the prize amongst themselves. Online pros v Live pros. Then maybe America would realize how it really is. Anyways, I’m ranting now.

I don't read anything I sign.

Pretty sure I didn't reveal anything pertinant that wasn't already posted elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:39 PM

Are there any perks (Subsidized buyins) for the invitees? Or is playing on TV in a juicy game enough?
What about for PAD?
Old 11-06-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...you've disgraced online players worldwide...

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol @ dramaqueenament
Old 11-06-2007, 05:15 PM

Why does everyone care if:
-he threw away half a pot?
-he was playing tight/loose/lag/pag/nag/tag/rag/whatever?
-he wins or loses?

I'm more curious at the drama surrounding his TV appearance than the hubbub about his appearance in the first place.

I guess the only answer that comes close is that it wouldn't be a proper NVG without 10 pages of hate.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why does everyone care if:
-he threw away half a pot?
-he was playing tight/loose/lag/pag/nag/tag/rag/whatever?
-he wins or loses?

I'm serious. Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

its NVG
Old 11-06-2007, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
its NVG

[/ QUOTE ]
You beat my edit! I guess the only answer that comes close is that it wouldn't be a proper NVG without 10 pages of hate.

Anyway, carry on.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:38 PM

well when you say you are trying to represent online players and their balla-ness (alongside suggesting you are one of the top NL holdem players in the world) it's not advisable to muck the winner and play nittish and scared.

thats basically why the hate is there, even though hate is a bit strong. it's just peoples opinions fgs, grow a spine if it upsets you that much
Old 11-06-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well when you say you are trying to represent online players and their balla-ness (alongside suggesting you are one of the top NL holdem players in the world) it's not advisable to muck the winner and play nittish and scared.

thats basically why the hate is there, even though hate is a bit strong. it's just peoples opinions fgs, grow a spine if it upsets you that much

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said, I agree completely, No one really doubts his ability as his results speak for themselves, I Just found it kind of funny that he challenged some of the best in the world to play heads up then really looked bad when the show aired (again shows are edited all the hands aren't showed but we can only go on what we can see)

It's kind of like that guy at the bar who talks about banging super hot chicks, yet at the end of the night you see him going home with the chubby redheaded, flat chested girl with freckles.....