Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Defense?
Baltimore vs NO 6 66.67%
NYJ vs CLE 1 11.11%
Arizona vs GB 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 05:20 AM

Default Re: Moved locked down etc.

[ QUOTE ]
well I havent moved any of said threads and i do somewhat agree that the best ideas dont often get the love the deserve. Im one of those lazy people recently but i say that if you truly think its a good idea that has merit then do it bro. goodluck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tnx appreciate it aussie!
Old 09-23-2007, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sushi, f the haters. Make the stupid software and stop bitching, pussy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't make the software. If I could I would have obviously. All this was about getting help from poker academy to make a software that all 2+2 forum users would benifit from. It's the kind of tool that is good for serious players and would help us atack the fish with improved accuracy.

I tried to make something for all of us, but too few answered the call. I guess it's partly my fault since I didn't sell the idea good enough.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow I just glanced through the thread, but saw a lot of familar names in this thread

little conversation with JoeTall got me in a play limit mood, the swings almost ended that mood just as quick but a solid recovery and I think Im going to mix in limit into the mix

figured I should post again in my old stomping grounds, so what have I missed over the past 15months

[/ QUOTE ]
sup bottomset, noticed u @ one of my tables today & actually thought at the time, "has bottomset returned to LHE?"
Old 09-23-2007, 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wow I just glanced through the thread, but saw a lot of familar names in this thread

little conversation with JoeTall got me in a play limit mood, the swings almost ended that mood just as quick but a solid recovery and I think Im going to mix in limit into the mix

figured I should post again in my old stomping grounds, so what have I missed over the past 15months

[/ QUOTE ]
sup bottomset, noticed u @ one of my tables today & actually thought at the time, "has bottomset returned to LHE?"

[/ QUOTE ]

we'll see how it goes, I doubt I'll return to a mainly LHE player(I think my new goal is to branch out in different games hu/6max/fr type things to prevent burnout), but it could end up being a bigger % of my play, especially if the games are as good as they were yesterday
Old 09-23-2007, 10:31 AM

I can 100% confirm that Bella is not a Miles gimmick account. In the hand records for our recent session review there wasn't a single 3-barrel bluff with jack high winning against a 10-high in a showdown. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2007, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Sorry, I just made a donk post to the wrong forum (NC Thread)

Three bad hands --> Bellagio busto

The guy two seats to my right is crazy. He's been limping just about every hand, donking any pair (and sometimes worse) into the preflop raiser, betting when checked to on the river with just about everything. Popular table chatter hands include the A33 flop where he bet-called with 74o and caught running 7s to boat up and the KTo hand where the board wheeled to chop against AA. My memory also includes a lot of Q5-Q8 two pair hands, none of which involved me.

Hand #1 - I've got QQ UTG+1 and raise. A tight-passive woman coldcalls a couple seats over and my friend 3-bets me. I 4-bet for value (although I think this is a little thin because he hasn't 3-bet at all yet) and we take a 3-handed flop for 4 bets. The flop is 98x and my friend bets. I raise to isolate and it works, then I get 3-bet. This is very bad news because the only flop 3-bet from him so far has been two overcards with a flush draw and a gutshot. So since draws are unlikely, he's probably got a big pocket pair. So I go into calldown mode. The turn is a J (well, there goes my win against JJ). And the river is another 8. AA vs QQ and I lose a standard 5.5 BB for a big overpair pair vs. big overpair pair confrontation. $390 pot. Standard.

Hand 2: Three limpers to me, including my friend, and I raise KQo for value from CO. It's a 6-handed flop for 2 bets each. The flop is T-high and it's checked around. The turn is a J, and it's checked to my friend who bets. I consider semibluff raising with K-high and the OESD, but I'm not sure if I can make him fold a pair and I'm not sure if I can fold out other players behind me on a JTxx board (3 players still to act). So I just call (and this could have been a mistake). Only one other player comes along. After thinking to myself that I want to see a 9, A, K, or Q in that order, the river brings my least favored of my favored cards. Checked to my friend who bets again. I contemplate raising again, but now with a QJT board, I'm concerned that two pair is a likely hand that's out there and may not fold for two bets, but I can call and get something like Q9, J9 or even AT to potentially overcall. I wait for a while for the third guy to call because and that makes me hopeful for a Q9. When he finally does call, my friend open-mucks and I table my KQ. The guy across the table slowrolls QT for the rivered two pair. $360 pot. Standard.

Hand 3: I'm sitting in the big blind and the guy to my left limps. As he does and after the lady next to him folds, he shows his hand to her and jokes about how bored he is (read: he's not throwing a reverse tell if he's showing someone else his hand -- he's got a weakish hand, usually a suited connected something or potentially 72o). There's another 4 limpers and I raise my AJs from BB. 6-handed pot for two bets. The flop is A64 with a flush draw, and I lead out. There are three callers. The turn is an offsuit 9, I lead out and only get one caller. The river is the 9 of flush. I contemplate bet-folding, but things weren't going so well for me and I really wanted for him to show down his flush, so I check-call. He shows QTs. Not as bad of a limp that I thought he had (I was thinking more like 76s) and truthfully, the table conditions were soft enough that QTs was a marginally okay limp. Anotehr $360 pot. Standard.

These three hands account for about half of my losses for the evening. The rest of my money was lost due to things like flopping a draw and missing, or flopping middle pair and having gigantic odds to chase down two pair/trips and missing. But those three hands were the big pots that could have prevented my $1000 busto.

Brag: I've still got $1000 pure profit to use for my next session. If I busto again, I'll have to go to the bank to get some cash from my bankroll to keep playing.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:37 PM

Bad luck Aaron, not much you could have done? Standard, as you said.

I run 17/10/2.3 at FR Limit 1/2. Should I look to get my VPIP up? Are those nitty stats at all, I mean?
Old 09-23-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bad luck Aaron, not much you could have done? Standard, as you said.

I run 17/10/2.3 at FR Limit 1/2. Should I look to get my VPIP up? Are those nitty stats at all, I mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

My last experience with full ring 1/2 limit (PokerStars) was that it was a rock garden. Your stats suggest the same thing. The only thing I would suggest is to figure out the defending ranges of the players to your left when they're in the blinds. Also, look for exploitable postflop defense tendencies, like over-bluffing or playing fit/fold. When I stopped playing full ring I was running something like 20/12. Most of those extra hands came from a very LAG button/cutoff play. Of course, that was also a couple years ago and the players might have changed since then.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sup bro? I think if you are going to hang in the ghetto for a while you gotta jump into the well first.

seconds?

If not, how's things? Where and what are you playing lately?
Old 09-23-2007, 04:19 PM

Default actually learned sumthin today

when you c-bet into AF .6 on the flop with your AQo and the flop doesnt help your case, and he raises you, youre done.
Closed Thread