Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2007, 09:43 AM

Default Using PAHUD for SNGs

I have PAHUD, but haven't been using it much since I started playing mostly SNGs. When I have used it, I don't find that the conventional stats (vpip, pfr, af) are hugely useful because of the rapidly shrinking field sizes. I was wondering if anyone here used it and what stats they displayed. It seems like c-bet, fold to c-bet and fold to steal could be useful, but again people do these things differently 9-handed than 4-handed so I'm not sure they are universally useful. Any ideas?
Old 09-08-2007, 09:46 AM

Default Re: Using PAHUD for SNGs

What about making filters for various-handed stats?
Old 09-08-2007, 09:51 AM

Well you could just leave the stats for say the early game. 9 to 6 players for VPIP, pFR,AF. This will indicated to you if they have any idea how to play a SNG. If he's playing a tight aggressive game, he must atleast have some idea what he's doing (push loose, calling tight).

Or you could filter the stats, for different levels for the SNG (if so then add stats such as steal %, folded to steal from SB or BB), however I don't find that as useful because you won't have as many hands on your opponents and won't always be able to tell which player is playing the right way. It's easier to label players based on their starting SNG strats.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:59 AM

Wit these filters, can I get it to automatically switch what stats are displayed so I'd see 7-9 handed stats to start and when it got 6-handed I'd see 4-6 handed stats and then once the bubble burst I'd see 2-3 handed stats?
Old 09-08-2007, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have PAHUD, but haven't been using it much since I started playing mostly SNGs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used it, but when I started to play $50s+, I found them not any longer useful.

[ QUOTE ]

When I have used it, I don't find that the conventional stats (vpip, pfr, af) are hugely useful because of the rapidly shrinking field sizes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would dream of such rapidly shrinking fields :-)
However, it's more important to know how villain thinks than how he plays statistic.

[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering if anyone here used it and what stats they displayed. It seems like c-bet, fold to c-bet and fold to steal could be useful, but again people do these things differently 9-handed than 4-handed so I'm not sure they are universally useful. Any ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I use 2 indicators.
1st of all, I try to find out what the natural playing style of villain is. I catogorize in
i) solid SnG-style
ii) loose
iii) loose, but does not like to fold when there is resistance
iv) loose, but gives up on hard resistance
v) loose-aggressive
vi) tricky

The other important information is the winrate of villain, so there is the other information of
a) really big fish
b) losing player
c) +/-0 player
d) winning player 5-10% (7-14% in lower buyins ROI)
e) SnG Star

I found these informations much more important than PAHUD-Stats (I don't need PA to know the pushing range of a solid marginal winner), just because they give you a good image of how villains will think and play. And real notes are also more important.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wit these filters, can I get it to automatically switch what stats are displayed so I'd see 7-9 handed stats to start and when it got 6-handed I'd see 4-6 handed stats and then once the bubble burst I'd see 2-3 handed stats?

[/ QUOTE ]

that's what they do.