Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 11:21 PM

Default NL25 - QQ IP vs TAG

SB is a very loose bad player, BB is TAG. This is a good opportunity for BB to squeeze, eh? I think I trapped myself here by not 4-beting if I felt that was what BB was doing at the time. So what do I do now?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

CO: $26.45
BTN: $8.60
SB: $55.80
BB: $30.85
Hero (UTG): $24.90

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $0.90, <font color="red">BB raises to $3.50</font>, Hero calls $2.50, SB calls $2.50

Flop: ($10.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">BB bets $7</font>, <font color="red">Hero ?
Old 11-07-2007, 11:24 PM

Default Re: NL25 - QQ IP vs TAG

If you think your opponent is good enough to try a squeeze here light then you need to raise the flop and get it all in.

Most Tags at NL25 don't 3 bet light though, but you are in a pretty hard spot here, if you call you are committed to the pot.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:55 PM

Even if BB is not squeezing in this spot. I pokerstoved this range:
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
Board: 9h 5d 4c
Dead:

Hand 0: 36.858% 34.23% 02.63% 6438 495.00 { QcQd }
Hand 1: 63.142% 60.51% 02.63% 11382 495.00 { KK+, QcQh, QcQs, QdQh, QdQs, QhQs, JJ }
</pre><hr />
If I throw in AK then I am 50/50. I guess calling the flop is not too bad. That leaves me with $14 and I can re-evaluate on the turn.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:12 AM

If u are calling pf to set mine, then fold. But u know that the villain will c-bet a high percentage on the flop, this flop is great for queens, I'll push without reads.. If u think he's able to 3-bet light pf, 4 bet... His range include AK, TT, some suited connector hands (like jTs, qjs)...

Edit: didn't realize sb came along, that narrows his range post-flop somewhat, as he prolly is less likely to c-bet against two opponents, but also possible he doesn't give sb any credit.
Your equity is great pf against a TAG, and I think it's still decent on the flop so I'll push, since many cards will kill action on the turn.. This is, however a borderline play for me, and prefer solid reads in situations like this.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:47 AM

Minraising here IMO allows you to play perfectly in that he will probably 3 bet you out if he has it, get value from worse hands, and if he slowplays and just calls allows you to suck out. And you will get him to fold AK which you are vunerable to.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and if he slowplays and just calls allows you to suck out

[/ QUOTE ]

You're leaving 7 behind and sucking out to two queens? And if he calls, are you just holding that last 7, or pushing the turn?
Old 11-08-2007, 05:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Minraising here IMO allows you to play perfectly in that he will probably 3 bet you out if he has it, get value from worse hands, and if he slowplays and just calls allows you to suck out. And you will get him to fold AK which you are vunerable to.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is terrible, the guy isnt going to fold JJ here, and might jam AK over the minraise out of spite

I actually minraise cbets often in 3bet pots and its usually to induce lighter than normal shoves. Raise/folding when you will fold the best hand a reasonable amount of the time in a large pot is a big mistake.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:16 AM

I 4bet preflop alot here. Now that I've called I probably shove unless I think villain will fire another barrel on a blank turn. I don't want TT/JJ to get scared of overs though
Old 11-08-2007, 12:42 PM

What amount would you 4bet here and what if BB shoves?
Old 11-08-2007, 02:53 PM

I don't see how min-raising can be good here, min-raising means you have put about 75% of your stack, this is essentially the same as going all in IMO. If you are doing this a essentially an AI move then I guess it is okay.

I really don't like calling either unless you have notes that he'll double barrel here, since you are already getting over 40% of your stack in. The only reason for doing this is because you are willing to stack off on a non- A/K turn.