Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 02:22 AM

Default Re: regarding the bombing of Iran...

[ QUOTE ]

I hope, for our sake, you're right. I hope that their President has just been talking about bringing about the apocolypse as a political tactic, because if not...

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

link?
Old 05-24-2007, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I hope, for our sake, you're right. I hope that their President has just been talking about bringing about the apocolypse as a political tactic, because if not...

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

link?

[/ QUOTE ]

This and this are examples of his want for the "end of days". Those are just the top on a search, I'm going to try and find one that references his belief that the second coming will be brought about through war and annihalation of Isreal.

Edit: 'Ere we are love.

Cody
Old 05-24-2007, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

link?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is a related link which quotes various Iranians expressing their fears of Ahmadinejad's craziness.

Besides Ahmadinejad's pronouncements about Israel to be disappearing in "one storm", and his expressed belief that Iran should organize all of its affairs in accordance with the "expectation of the Return" (of the 12th imam, an ancient historical figure), Ahmadinejad recently...

excerpt: When 108 people died last month on a military plane which crashed in Tehran, he gave a clue to the extent of his fanaticism. He said: “What is important is that they have shown the way to martyrdom which we must all follow.”

So is Ahmadinejad actually crazy? Who knows, but I wouldn't feel safe betting he isn't.

Sun UK article
Old 05-24-2007, 05:33 AM

This is the same government that executed a 13 year old girl for hanging her. Her only offense? She was raped by two soldiers, and she was no longer 'pure'.

Iran is also funding our enemies in Iraq, and aiding the murder of American soldiers. They've kidnapped British sailors...twice.

If you guys feel comfortable with Iran having nuclear capabilities, would you also feel comfortable with the Taliban having the same capability?

That's a yes or no question, and if you answer no then we can argue about the difference between the two regimes.
If you answer yes, then you are clinically retarded and there's really no point in even having an intelligent discourse with you.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:02 PM

why would Iran nuke Israel/USA/whatever unprovoked/first? dont you think these guys realize that they would be [censored] once they nuked someone?
Old 05-24-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why would Iran nuke Israel/USA/whatever unprovoked/first? dont you think these guys realize that they would be [censored] once they nuked someone?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you happen to miss the part where Ahmadeinijad was clearly insane, and preaches martyrdom? I mean surely the Basij would have realized they were F'ed walking up to Iraqi soldiers with nothing but a plastic key, right? Clearly they knew they were going to die, but did so anyways.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:30 PM

Rigghhhhtt. Because Ahmadeinijad is the only leader who consults wacky apocalypse fundamentalists before making decisions about foreign policy

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/042...n,53582,1.html
Old 05-24-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rigghhhhtt. Because Ahmadeinijad is the only leader who consults wacky apocalypse fundamentalists before making decisions about foreign policy

[/ QUOTE ]

Great we get it, you don't like Bush. He may be a bit on the slow side, but to compare him to a raving lunatic like Ahmadinejad is completely ridiculous. Don't you guys ever get tired of these BS comparisons?
Old 05-24-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You gotta let this go. The western world is better precisely because we don't take our superstitions so seriously. When the pope says something we laugh "No premarital sex" Oh we'll get right on that, but when one of their ayatollas issues a falafel, they do it.

Bush is a chromasomal retard, no doubt, but there's really no comparison to him and Ahmadeinijad. One may launch wars of impulse, but it won't be nuclear.

Cody
Old 05-24-2007, 03:27 PM

who's saying bush = ahmadinejad? All I'm saying is that if one of your concerns about Iran is that its leaders believe ME policy should be informed by fundamentalist apocalypse scenarios that you have to be concerned with the same thing in the US.