FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Contest Parameters
Smoked Bacon Only 12 48.00%
Any Bacon Cut (unsmoked/pancetta) 7 28.00%
Let Analyst Decide 6 24.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2007, 07:43 PM

Default Re: Official Party Regulars Thread

Avoidance can also work. If you don't want to play with rat holers get on the wait list for tables with 2+ players waiting. These tables tend to have zero or only one rat holer as they can not leave and then rejoin after doubling up. I kinda like this, because it removes the rat holers opportunities. Lately I've seen tables on 2/4 with 4 - 5 players seated all with < $120.

Personally, I find having 1 (sometimes 2) rat holer at the table fine. It's fun picking up an easy $60 or $80. 2+ rat holers at a table can completely screw the table dynamics. The fish get pissed off and leave. I can't count how often someone asks, "what's [censored] with all these russians pushing?", and then fish leaves in 10 minutes. Next thing you know another rat holer sits in and now there at 3 rats, big stacks sit out.... boom table breaks down. No fun.

Apparently a fix is coming. In the mean time we adjust our game.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker, $3/$6 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $1,193.50
BB: $634.70
UTG: $600
Hero (CO): $1,095.50
BTN: $2,458.85

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $15</font>, Hero calls $15, BTN folds, SB calls $12, BB calls $9

Flop: ($60) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $41</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls $41

Turn: ($142) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $60</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $151</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $544 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $393

River: ($1,230) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $1,230 Pot ($2.50 Rake)
UTG showed J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (four of a kind, Jacks) and WON $1,227.50 (+$627.50 NET)
Hero showed T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a full house, Tens full of Jacks) and LOST (-$600 NET)

oneeeee time dealer, COME on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, garuanteed you were going HAHAHAH UNLUCKY CHUMP, KQ NO GOOD!!!! OH WAIT.....
Old 10-17-2007, 11:10 PM

Dan, watch who you're three-betting there buddy. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2007, 05:24 AM

Ratholers are making it so much harder to win the BBJ.

Edit: As opposed to making a new post: Down $700 over the last 7000 hands w/KK.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:45 AM

I really appreciate that Shortstacker discussion.
Nonetheless I expect many of those shortstacker regulars to read 2p2 so we might have to find a way to share reads and ranges of them in a non public way.
Otherwise they might just change them and we haven't gained much.
I stoved a little around in the 25/50 fullringgames lately and it kinda hit me when I saw that it is unprofitabel to call AQ against many shortstackers if they come over the top after you raised in a somewhat early position (UTG+1 - MP1).
I really think for fullring games a very tight approach is the best way to counter them.
I also think you shouldn't open for 3,5bb with shortstackers behind unless you want to get it in.
What I do is a mix of folding hands I cannot call with with high frequency and mixing some bluffs in my range so that they won't win too many blinds.
If the scenario is like we're in CO and BU and SB is a shortie then I will approach it very tightly. As said raising smaller with our whole range is a good idea so they cannot get a read on us and won't adjust properly in most cases.

For 6max you really need to adjust to their ranges, some are just 14/14 all over and look for hand strength others like Inco_gnito and AutoCallOn will change their plays depending on how your ranges look.
There are also player who disregard positions while others will Push raise under 10% in mp2 but 30 on the button.
AutoCallOn seems to be the Maniac of Shortstackers.
He will open basically any 2 in Sb vs BB battles sometimes and fold a lot to shoves.
I assume that against him the best way is to bet/call almost your whole range (assuming we're opening for 3-3,5bb) and bluff shove a lot.
I am also a big fan of Raising 2 - 2,5bb against most shorties if they won't adjust and still fold/push.
What do you guys know about optimal HU strategies against the Shorties?
I tried around and I am still not confident which way I can exploit them the most.
Some ppl are horrible in Hu (Grimmstar) while others seem kinda tough to play (Ingo_nito).
Btw. a while back I took Grimmstar in a Hu 25/50 session for more than 20k that guy is just plane bad and I would recommend every good regular to always get involved, easily exploitable and very tilty.

[edit: paragraphs]
Old 10-18-2007, 09:51 AM

good post, but could you plz paragraph next time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2007, 10:50 AM

Would it really harm party's profitability to raise the minimum buyin to 30bb's? ie. would they lose that many noobs who would buyin for 20bb but not for 30bb? (who wouldn't be content to just drop one level in stakes?) I'd imagine 30bb's would ruin the profitability of ratholing almost completely.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Would it really harm party's profitability to raise the minimum buyin to 30bb's? ie. would they lose that many noobs who would buyin for 20bb but not for 30bb? (who wouldn't be content to just drop one level in stakes?) I'd imagine 30bb's would ruin the profitability of ratholing almost completely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Despite what some people seem to think, raising the buyin to 30bb and having a 20-30 min wait time before re-joining with less than you left with with make a huge difference to ratholing. I don't understand why they don't increase it either tbh, it's presumably an easy coding change that would take 5 minutes.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:12 PM

Mayb the higher stakes regs dont contribute that much to the sites rake? Mayb the millons of lower tables must contribute more than the handful of tables at 3/6 and 5/10 and above?
If thats the case then they woudlnt be very clever to do anything that might alter that end of their business....

just a thoguht from me. might be a stupid one?
Old 10-18-2007, 12:16 PM

maybe Party is just the site with the worst support&amp;software in the industry compared to their income - period?

Trust me when I say, I don't think that it has much to do with profitability, the correct term is idiocracy.