Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 01:29 AM

Default J.C. Tran Makes Another WPT Final/WPT POY

J.C. Tran enters today's World Poker Challenge WPT final 3rd in chips. Should be a fun final, also featuring David Pham, Juan Carlos Alvarado, Danny Wong, and Mark Seif.

The point of this post aside from obvious Tran praising, is the WPT POY system. As it stands now, Tran would have to finish first or second to take the lead over Joe Pelton, and third to tie him.

So say Tran finishes 3rd or worse, are you telling me that, especially at WPT finals, a 6th, 2nd, and 3rd-, doesn't beat a 1st and a 3rd?
Old 03-28-2007, 09:58 AM

Default Re: J.C. Tran Makes Another WPT Final/WPT POY

The WPT weighs the LOTTO winners very heavily. Consistancy is obvious, but in general, wins count more everywhere in poker.

Every1 knows Jamie Gold, but 12 ppl made over 1 million in
the ME last year. I bet if you ask 50 random people who are up on poker news, none of them could name 7 of those 12 ppl. Yes, this isn't important to know or anything, but their accomplishments went by the wayside b/c of the story around who won and that amount he won.

J.C. Tran is just in the zone of all zones right now. There is word going around that this will be his last WPT this year, opting for a break. I sincerely hope this is not true, he'd be leaving so much $$$ on the felt. Especially in that WPT Championship event.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:04 PM

J.C Tran clearly 1 of the best Tourney live player in the past 2 yrs. He so consistence and go deep, if they add points for his 600k win on poker stars main event last year he would have won the POY. award then.

Go J.C Goodluck tonight.

P/S: J.C Watch scotty Nguyen on TV and want to do the same, now his dream has cometrue. I wish my dream will cometrue 1 day. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2007, 01:06 PM

I want to pick his brain.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:11 PM

Default Don\'t cout out the other JC

JC Alvarado is in the middle of a sick run too. He's got a 2nd and 15th in the past couple months, and suffered 2 of the sicker beats I've read about in recent memory to not go farther in those tourneys.

It's only a matter of time before he breaks his cherry in a big way. Tonight's the night the kid is gonna take this thing down.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Don\'t cout out the other JC

[ QUOTE ]
JC Alvarado is in the middle of a sick run too. He's got a 2nd and 15th in the past couple months, and suffered 2 of the sicker beats I've read about in recent memory to not go farther in those tourneys.

It's only a matter of time before he breaks his cherry in a big way. Tonight's the night the kid is gonna take this thing down.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree
its gonna be tough as his table is stacked
Old 03-28-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
J.C. Tran enters today's World Poker Challenge WPT final 3rd in chips. Should be a fun final, also featuring David Pham, Juan Carlos Alvarado, Danny Wong, and Mark Seif.

The point of this post aside from obvious Tran praising, is the WPT POY system. As it stands now, Tran would have to finish first or second to take the lead over Joe Pelton, and third to tie him.

So say Tran finishes 3rd or worse, are you telling me that, especially at WPT finals, a 6th, 2nd, and 3rd-, doesn't beat a 1st and a 3rd?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, it's not a perfect system...plus Tran's final tables have been much harder.

-TheMan
Old 03-28-2007, 03:44 PM

Go JC (Alvarado).