Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2007, 09:11 PM

Default Re: 2+2er Nike Plus group

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW I have never had a good experience with Nike running shoes.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah. Brooks FTW
Old 01-30-2007, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW I have never had a good experience with Nike running shoes.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah. Brooks FTW

[/ QUOTE ]

I've liked Brooks and Asics in the past. When I bought my new pair of shoes a couple of weeks ago, I tried Brooks, Asics, Nike - and ended up buying a pair of Mizuno's. At this particular running store (Super Jock 'n Jill in Seattle), they actually have you put on the shoes, leave the store, and run up and down the block outside. I did that with 5 different pairs, then combinations of different shoes on each foot to narrow it down.

I've never owned a pair of Mizuno running shoes, but for me they felt the lightest, and fit my foot the best. FWIW.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:02 PM

2nd run with this stupid pouch ...

and nothing puts me on FULL BLOWN TILT like looking down at my ipod during my run and the speed saying "----" F* this pouch!!
Old 02-05-2007, 03:21 PM

finally got it fixed (hopefully not jinxing myself) ... I put the pounch under the laces, over the tongue ...third straight run with accurate readings, with no "blackout time"
Old 02-05-2007, 06:39 PM

Someone wanna add me please?
username: NathanG
Old 02-06-2007, 03:31 AM

Haven't updated in a while but will upload pretty soon. Need to see if I can find a way of keeping track of run data during my track workouts.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:17 AM

Just got my iPod yesterday so I'm all set to start using the Nike+ stuff...

Just curious... this is my first mp3 player... what songs do you guys have on your playlist that you think are essential while you run? I'll probs go to iTunes and get some new music today.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:47 PM

Bought a new pair of Asics Nimbus VIIIs this past weekend. They are a perfect fit for my foot and a good match for my running profile since I underpronate/supinate. They have less cushioning than the Saucony Triumph 4s I was running in before, but as an added bonus, they don't cause awesome arch blisters. Gosh, I will really miss getting those arch blisters halfway through a 7 mile run and hobbling my way back. Good times, y'all.

I got to break in the Asics on an 8-mile jog. They're light and pretty comfy, and it feels like it'll be a very high mileage, sturdy shoe. I've been ramping up the mileage on my runs as I prepare for the LA Marathon, so next week will be a 10 mile long run, and the week after will be 13. I'm not setting any speed records anytime soon, but my goal for this year is to run with my friend and help him get through it. I'll probably end up being undertrained for this, but when I run, I don't care so much about the time or speed. I just want to stay injury-free.

My legs were pretty sore after the 8 mile run. I will need to scale back on the lifting soon (I lift weights 2x a week). Hopefully cutting back on the weight I'm squatting will help with my endurance and recovery.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:48 PM

Str8Fish,

I'm a fan of "The GO! Team - Huddle Formation" when I need a bit of inspiration.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:43 PM

I'm trying to find a way to keep track of my running during sprint workouts / play for ultimate but wearing the ipod doesn't seem practical right now. My guess is we run 3-4 miles per workout but it may be more -- last count we did 3x400's, 1x800, 3x400's, 4x50's+20m cooldowns, and I think a few 200's thrown in additionally.

Rob