Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2007, 09:43 PM

Default Re: Play though a hand with me here....

5* thread.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to go back to your preflop call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was ready to move on, but I don't mind discussing it a bit more at all though.....

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't like it oop with so many people to act behind you. I just think that you will have better chances to put your money in.

You are making this call solely on your reads; your reads won't go away in the near future but your cards and position will improve. I would just fold this the first time around.

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I think it depends upon your overall tourney strategy: Are you trying to take a few risks, accumulate chips, and bully the table or are you content to sit back and wait for good spots?

I think that I'm some what in between. And in this scenario I found a spot that would only cost me 2 BBs and I could be pretty sure where I stood after the flop. And my hand is so well disguised that this could be one of those hands that "win me the tournament." I do understand your viewpoint though.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:30 PM
 is offline

YES!
Old 03-30-2007, 10:22 PM

This really has to be the best 2+2 thread I have ever read.
My sides actually hurt after reading it, of course it probably helps that I didn't have to wait over a year and in the last 11 months at least we have managed to expose one extra card, its a shame we havent yet clarified the action on that card.

Also I love the way Assani questions people suggesting the all in play on every street, isn't that always the correct play? You could push pre-flop against a guy who is probably slowplaying a monster and risk 17k to win 700... standard?

Seriously though, I think pre-flop is fine, this will be very +EV in the LR if a raise is pretty unlikely behind and this guy probably has a monster, is likely to let us catch and then stack him. Also I think playing soooooted 45 here will randomise our play enough and give us some additional value in playing the hand.

Flop check, Turn check. I would rather play this way and give myself an opportunity to stack EP on the river is we hit and he has a monster than risk being r/r, or putting ourself in a position where we have to bluff to win the pot on the river if we get called and miss. Obviously betting has the bonus of building the pot, which will make stacking our opponent easier without overbetting somewhere. Also I think it is very likely someone has an Ace here and we wont be getting rid of everyone and taking the pot. I could probably go on about this for a bit, although Im afraid it would be a waste of my time because we may never know the river and I might not get to discuss this hand further.

So to summarise, push all in on turn.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:36 PM

Check turn, hit the nuts on the river, stack two people.

Standard.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:18 PM

Flop call is painfully std. Check the flop.

I check the turn... if UTG was dealt pocket aces and a jack you're drawing dead.

Awesome thread btw. Waiting for next April 1st to say you checked, the river was a q of clubs, everyone checked it down and you won with high card 5 would be sweeeeeeet!!!
Old 05-03-2007, 02:30 PM

So what happened on the turn?
Old 05-03-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

loooooool
Old 05-03-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The BB thinks it over for a while. As he is thinking he takes a sip of his tea, and I know this is going go sound weird, but he suddenly throws up all over the floor. Luckily he missed the table and cards. I had not seen him throw up ever before, but I did see him burp heavily and kinda throw up in his mouth a little bit once, and on that hand he was slowplaying a monster. So its a bit tough to say exactly what info to take from the throw up. Anyway, he checks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe he was feeling ill because he was up early that morning running oats.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, got caught up with something....

Ok, so I decide to check the turn. I don't want to be check raised and I have a draw, so I'll gladly see a free card if I can. And I do! The LP guy sits there and thinks for honestly a good minute, which was pretty strange to me. But he then checked.

River is another ace. The board is now: 2-7-J-A-A with no possible flushes.

The SB checks. BB presumably was still feeling sick from the tea. He mucked his hand and ran towards the nearest bathroom. UTG then checks yet again! No real reads on either of them at this point other than what I mentioned on the flop post.

So now its up to me. The guy who I thought was the most feared player has just mucked. Two opponents have checked the river including the UTG preflop raiser who I'm completely stumped about right now. LP quickly checked the flop, which made me think he had nothing but then he took forever to check on the turn. Theres 2000 in the pot. I have absolutely nothing.

Do you bluff here? If so, how often? And how much?

In case you don't feel like going back, here was my analysis of LP:

"Guy in LP is probably one of the weaker players at the table- not because he is reckless, but because he is very predictable. I talked to him before the tourney and found out that he had won his way in through a sattlite and had never played at anywhere near these stakes. And it showed. He was pretty much playing straightforward ABC poker. Pretty much you could believe his bets for what they represented, and you could push him off a marginal hand easily."

Thoughts?