Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2007, 11:37 AM

Default Called my cb, turn helps me somewhat. now what?

Villain is 25/17 and has been calling most of my cb's. Pretty sure he has been making a lot of moves against me.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($400)
MP ($579.30)
CO ($400)
Button ($643)
SB ($365)
Hero ($548)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $16</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $46</font>, Button calls $34.

Flop: ($102) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $66</font>, Button calls $66.

Turn: ($234) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero...
Old 03-08-2007, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Called my cb, turn helps me somewhat. now what?

Any history would be nice to know (what do you think he has?). (edit: oh you had some history in your post, never mind [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

I think I would check and see what he does. There are several hands in his range that would check behind, so we would see a free river. If he bets just fold. He could have a flush already, or a better flush draw, and even if he doesn't he is still a big favorite.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:48 AM

The way you sized you bets and the stack sizes makes it difficult for you do make any good play here but check. If he bets I think you gotta pitch it because your semibluffing outs might be dead or very weak.

Ie: He has AK with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], you are drawing to the non-flush gutterball. He has a low flush, you are drawing to 7outs. He has the nutflush, you are dead. He has a set, your best case, but still only 11 outs.

If you Reraised bigger preflop and then made an almost potsized bet on the flop, I think you could shove turn some % of the time, but still checkfold the majority.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:12 PM

the issue i have with how you played this hand is your bet sizing. since you are oop, you have to throw in at least a pot-sized raise. i am making it $55 pf. as played villain is getting 2:1 to call on the button, so you're not folding out a high enough % of his range to raise AJ like this.

Your cbet is too small on the flop, and if you're standard cbet is 3/5psb i'm not surprised you're getting floated a lot. you're laying almost 3:1 for villain to call, so if he should be calling with any SD, FD or pair.

If the pot is $110 on the flop (i think your converter is off and it is actually $94 in your hand), and you pot it or bet $100, it becomes harder for him to call with draws or pocket pairs 66-TT, which make up a large % of his range. You will also be able to get him to fold a hand like KQ/KJ a large % of the time if you double barrel. The way you've played it up to this point, though, he's not going fold those hands. if i'm the villian, i think that you have made a weak resteal pf and a weak cbet on the flop - likely with a hand just like the one you have.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:30 PM

Given history this looks like a good spot to fire 160 and fold to a push.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given history this looks like a good spot to fire 160 and fold to a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you do the same with 92o?
Old 03-08-2007, 01:55 PM

if you think there's a good chance he's floating you on the flop, then c/r all in. if he checks behind, pot any river.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:21 PM

your bet sizing is really, really bad
Old 03-08-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you think there's a good chance he's floating you on the flop, then c/r all in. if he checks behind, pot any river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like crai,

but potting river seems like it get's picked off too much.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:30 PM

something that u might want to think about is 3-betting out of position with a mediocore hand against a player like this, it just doesnt seem like a profitable situation for many reasons...One if a Ace hits he will control hand, in other words most likely fold if he has worth, but make u pay if he has better. Also, even though u are the 3-better since he has position he is forcing u to hit a hand since he can put u to a decision based on whatever u do postflop.