Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2007, 02:04 AM

Default Re: Results

How many hands have you played live? Here's a hand from a 2/5 game I just played in.

I'm on the BN with A9s. Four limps to me, I raise to 30 and get 5 calls. Pot 150.

Flop T9x with a flush draw. Checked to me, I bet 120, get 3 calls. Turn 2o, checked around. River another 2o, checked to me. I bet $100 into the $500 pot. I get two calls. I'm good.

ipokeder is 100% correct. He will call with [ QUOTE ]

KJ

retardowhateverhehas

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-06-2007, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How many hands have you played live?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL TWP. Seriously. I respect your thoughts but never got passed this line of your post.

I make no claim to be the best player out here, but believe me when I say I've played a hell of a lot of live poker. Limit, NL and stud. As much or more than most on here I'm sure.

I'm well aware how bad live players can be. The fact I had played with this guy for literally about 10 min and yet had him on his exact hand should tell you something.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:45 AM

bet river maybe call a push, maybe not. i dont like c/r.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:24 AM

It tells me that you see monsters under the bed and got (un)lucky.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:49 AM

Default Re: Tough river spot bet/fold or ch/c?

[ QUOTE ]
Full live 2-5

Limped family pot I have blk 4's in the CO.

Flop K52r ch'd around.

Turn 4 Good tag bets 40 from the SB. Folded to me I make it 100. Unk button coldcalls.

I have no read but others know him. I'm guessing he aint dumb but don't know if he's tricky. I'm thinking A3, 2P, or maybe a 3 in some crazy combo if he thinks I'm making a move. SB folds.

River J. We each have 500 behind. 300 pot. I'd hate getting raised, but I'd hate to pay off more than I would if I blocked a decent amount, say 100-150. What's the best line?

If you ch and he bet's 200, call or fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

That turn card is gin. I really hate your small raise - given the stack sizes - because you should be building the pot to get it in on the river (or the turn, for that matter). If you are beat by a straight, then its a cooler and it happens. But your $100 is being cold called by all kinds of funky twopair combos and draw + pair combos. This is a limped pot in a live 2/5NL game. Without reads you should assume that a set = the nuts.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It tells me that you see monsters under the bed and got (un)lucky

[/ QUOTE ]

That tells me you're a guy who maybe thinks a little too high of himself and can't see/admit if he's wrong. I think losing all your money there is big time fishy, but I'm sincere when I say Tx for the feedback though.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:24 AM

You're welcome for the feedback. Maybe we play in different live games with different types of players. Maybe you just got an awesome read on this guy after the first ten minutes. But I think that if you play this way in the long run, in all situations like this, you are losing a lot of value. But of course I could be wrong. Never meant to imply that I couldnt be.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Really surprised no one gives the guy credit for a hand. I ch'd, he bet 200 and I was sure he had A3. I called hoping I'd be wrong and he'd have K4, 54 or 42 but he had A3.

I think the best line is a block of 125-150. Worse hand will call and, because of stack sizes, A3 and bluffs may be hesitant to push there. I can't see putting all the money in unless we're looking for a fold. We're called we're beat.

Tx for the responses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not that no one is giving the guy credit for a hand, it is that you are crushing the range of hands a typical 2/5NL live player is calling you on the turn with - especially in a limped pot.

This hand would probably be eaiser for you if raised to more than $100 on the turn, which left you with 1.7psbs oop on the river. When the 4 hits on the turn, your instincts should be to build the pot and get your money in ASAP. I don't play that much live, but everytime I do I see players call AI or raise AI with a lot worse than a set on boards like this.

This hand is a cooler and not interesting at all. It belongs in BBV and the idea of going broke for 100bb in this spot should not phase any player capable of beating the game.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're welcome for the feedback. Maybe we play in different live games with different types of players. Maybe you just got an awesome read on this guy after the first ten minutes. But I think that if you play this way in the long run, in all situations like this, you are losing a lot of value. But of course I could be wrong. Never meant to imply that I couldnt be.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think twp is trying to be a dick here but I agree that you are gonna see all kinds of whacky [censored] you are crushing in the long run, sucks that he had you this time. C/R lets him play perfectly and is the worst option in my opinion
Old 04-06-2007, 02:53 PM

on the contrary, i think he value bets anything that he'll pay off with and his bet pot commits him thus making him play very very far from perfectly. but to each his own.