Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2007, 04:33 PM

Default Re: Results

the tanking was probably for show more than anything else. villain is bluffing this river a high % of the time, and K high may have actually been good.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:38 PM

Default Re: I\'ve Heard Good Players Do This

I like the hand. Only thing that could be objectional is the preflop call, but it's not a big reraise and we have position. River looks good to me as someone mentioned before if he folds > 50% the time then it is superior to folding. Granted, I don't know if we really want to get him to try to fold an ace here given that is one of his most likely holdings.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:43 PM

well you didnt call the 3 bet pre b/c you thought you had the best hand

i dont think you did a very good job of repping a strong hand, but you did a good job sniffing out his weakness. Don't try this against lags and stronger villians though
Old 03-14-2007, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, this one got mixed reviews. Villain tanked to the last second and folded what I assume was his KK and I showed.

[/ QUOTE ]

well you got a K, and if you assume he folded KK and never an ace, then this can't be +EV because he's got an ace way more than KK, and i don't think QQ bets though of course it's possible. or you can do what strasser said and just make a smaller raise to get him off KK

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he only folds KK, his tank just led me to believe he has KK here. QQ is a fulll house you realize?
Old 03-14-2007, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From the results, it looks like your play on every street is pretty -EV, with the possible exception of the river push. But if he in fact had KK, then I'd say his hand is at the weakest end of his range and he still timed down to the last second. But of course we'll never know what he had. Maybe he folded QQ and your river push is +++EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain why you would fire the turn again. Every time I do in this spot I get c/r all in. And the folded QQ thing is sarcastic right?

[ QUOTE ]
the tanking was probably for show more than anything else. villain is bluffing this river a high % of the time, and K high may have actually been good.

[/ QUOTE ]

hell yeah

[ QUOTE ]
KK?

Anyway I think I like a smaller raise on the river. I know for sure you can have a 7 here, the issue is that its harder to rep any type of made hand (like a fh) so I am usually too scared to try this move. I also feel like every time I have a seven here I get paid off. I usually give up here, and I know you do too, but I guess once in a while if the gut tells you, I think a play like this is fine and probably makes you tougher to play against.

[/ QUOTE ]

Smaller raise? He doesn't really have much behind (did you look at stacks?).
Old 03-14-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
From the results, it looks like your play on every street is pretty -EV, with the possible exception of the river push. But if he in fact had KK, then I'd say his hand is at the weakest end of his range and he still timed down to the last second. But of course we'll never know what he had. Maybe he folded QQ and your river push is +++EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain why you would fire the turn again. Every time I do in this spot I get c/r all in. And the folded QQ thing is sarcastic right?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because these guys aren't smart enough to c/r the turn. I don't think i've ever seen that actually. If I lose, it's because they c/c the turn with KK as well as the flop. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] But I think he has KK or worse a lot based on his flop line, and I think he usually folds it on the turn.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Because these guys aren't smart enough to c/r the turn. I don't think i've ever seen that actually. If I lose, it's because they c/c the turn with KK as well as the flop. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] But I think he has KK or worse a lot based on his flop line, and I think he usually folds it on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've been c'r/d the turn a lot [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-14-2007, 05:27 PM

you guys must just be super lags, lol