Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2007, 12:56 PM

Default Re: AC 10-25 River Surprise

getting 10/3 I really doubt I'd fold this.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the river, how many hands will your opponent call 2k with that wouldn't bet a similar amount if checked to?

I think you can get the money in as a decent favorite here by c/r'ing the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like a river c/r because he will never bet Qx, and may even check behind with some random ten that isn't a good one.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:29 PM

As I posted previously I folded and villain mucked, so I don't know whether I was beat or not. I agree with you Mike that if villain didn't think I would give him credit for a big river check raise bluff then this would be a good time for him to make a move. That being said, from what I've seen in this game, with the exception of a few players, large river raises are rarely bluffs. Anyone who plays in this game regularly disagree?
Old 02-27-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As I posted previously I folded and villain mucked, so I don't know whether I was beat or not. I agree with you Mike that if villain didn't think I would give him credit for a big river check raise bluff then this would be a good time for him to make a move. That being said, from what I've seen in this game, with the exception of a few players, large river raises are rarely bluffs. Anyone who plays in this game regularly disagree?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are beating a large number of hands villain is raising for value, and you are getting better than 3:1. I agree with you that villain is probably not bluffing, but that doesn't mean villain is full and I just can't see how you can make folds like these and be a winner in NLHE.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:26 PM

never fold this. he would play any 10 like this, trying to milk what he thought was aa/kk
Old 02-27-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
man i call all day long here especially getting over 3:1 on my river call. However i would expect to see a turned full house a small percantage of the time. Neverless folding here is -ev play IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

Q2? wtf?

As for the hand, I dont think hes bluffing. You are clearly priced in to call, if he has any common sense, hell see that. I also think you will see QQ alot of the time here. I fold and hate it
Old 02-27-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
never fold this. he would play any 10 like this, trying to milk what he thought was aa/kk

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this as well, heh. He certainly could have hands like 9T, JT here too. That being said, getting over 3-1, I think its a call [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

p.s. disregard previous statement