Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Two odd hands, NL100 (iPoker)

These are both two hands that bothered me somewhat the last days. I played them both in a way I usually do not play.

Hand 1 (6 players):

UTG folds, UTG+1 (70/4 after 26 hands, $43 stack) limps, CO (27/15 very aggro post flop) raises to $4, button folds, sb (39/18 after 68 hands, $69 stack) calls, I (16/11 ish, $115 stack) am in BB with JJ and just decide to call, maybe I could stack two people with a set, these players were all terrible.

Flop ($16): T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

sb checks, I decide to bet $11.5 hoping to induce an all in from UTG+1 and that CO and SB folds, indeed UTG+1 goes all in for $40 total, but CO now flatcalls (he has $48 left in stack after he called), sb folds, I?

Hand 2 (5 players):

Folds to button who limps (he is 75/32 after 28 hands, with $102 stack, and plays terrible), sb folds, I ($99 stack) am in the BB with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and raise to $5, button now min raises to $9, assumingly to take control of the hand, I decide to call and see a flop.

Flop ($18.50): A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check to check/raise, I don't think he would limp with an ace, he bets $12, I check/raise to $24, he min raises back, I decide to call.

Turn ($90.50): 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check hoping he would check behind, he bets $50, I have $55 left in my stack and?

Usually I do not play at all like that but the opponent was soooo brutaly bad I just couldn't put him on an ace.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Two odd hands, NL100 (iPoker)

Those HH's are nearly unreadable - use paragraphs or, even better, a converter.
You have bad stats [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

#1. I'd probably reraise this pre, being oop, against many players and very most likely with the best hand. I don't mind donking the flop, but i can't see CO calling UTG+1's raise with any hand you beat if he's somewhat sane. If you don't fold you are basically only hoping he has AT and i doubt this will be the case very often.

#2. Your raise pre is good. But i wouldn't be too surprised if stupid button just made a stupid move with a monster (i.e. AK, KK+). But getting those odds i call as well. Checkraising this flop is awful, esp. mincheckraising. Either call and see what's happening next or just fold right there. Def. fold to his reraise. Failing to do all that, go ahead and fold the turn. By the way you played this hand you totally justified his fancy play.