Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2007, 08:22 PM

Default Let\'s build a business.

I was PMing Taylor Caby, and byt the time I'd finished I realized that I should really throw this on up here as well. I figure my other thread has taken its course, since an oxygen bar doesn't seem to be a good fit with my target audience, and hence my new thread.

There were some really good ideas I got out of the last thread and it got me to thinking.

The layout of the building is somewhat narrow. Narrow in the fact that if you want to make it an income producer for residential the bedrooms would have to be really small. This wouldn't work with wanting to make this place more of a luxury deal, so that is why I'm starting to lean away from residential, and fast.

Over the weekend I'll try to get pictures up so everyone can visualize the space and the location (the latter being a huge reason why a palce like this would do well).

There are a dozen bars located in close vicinity and once 1 am hits the whole town just shuts down. Having a multi-tiered business that can cater to the needs of both the late-nighter and the random streetwalker, really appeals to me. I'd like to be able to hit all sorts of people, not just a specific student crowd, even.

This is all very general right now, but there were some great ideas in the last thread, and now that I'm thinking more along the lines of being able to do absolutely anything, I think I'd like some help visualizing the place I'm already starting to conceptualize.

So, here is the PM...

Could you throw me your AIM name? I'd be interested in discussing some more ideas for a business. I'm somewhat becoming disenchanted with the idea of using the are for student housing, and becoming more intrigued by the idea of a 4 story lounge.

All the ideas in the thread were good, and sinec I would own the building and the cost of updating would be a lot cheaper than what I had originally intended, what with shifting staircases, etc. I figure the place could be a really sweet multi-layered business, with multiple income streams.

First floor, walk in, neat, cozy, sofas, bit of food, managable pastry-esque food, free wi-fi if you buy something, 10 cents/minute if you don't (or something to that effect), beer on tap a possibility, hookahs if that becomes a possibility as well, go to second floor, some old school video games, TMNT, DDR, Simpsons, all lining the walls, back near where the windows are, another little lounge area, go to the third floor, $2 cover, dance floor, DJ booth, black lights, go to the fourth floor...?

Let me know what your initial thoughts are.

This is Ithaca, I'm talking about as well. So this is in the commons area, with Ithaca College and Cornell University all close by. Nothing like this is here, but I envision a kind of Walmart for Student entertainment and needs. So many times I've thought about how I wanted to go somewhere and do something, and there was no venue. I can create a venue. I could even rent out the top space purely for groups who want a chill meeting place. The windows of the building looks right out on the Commons, so I just keep thinking about how great it would be to let passersby check out the different things to be done on all floors. Kind of like a bribe, almost.

Screw it, I'm sending this to you, but I think I'm going to post it, too. I know tha tyou are entrepeneurial anyway, so I'd still like to get in contact you and hear your thoughts directly.

Thanks

-Josh