Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2007, 02:51 PM

Default Going for Supernova Elite? Progress Thread

Post where you are in your quest to SNE. Post anything else you want...frustrations, suspicions of game being fixed (not too much)...

I've been 7-9 tabling $100 NL. I have about 5k VPP. I will come nowhere close to Elite, but this is by far the most I've play in the short period of time. Also, I'm +$10. Yip-frickin-pee.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:55 PM

Default Re: Going for Supernova Elite? Progress Thread

i have 10K. i'm not even gonna try.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:01 PM

I only play part time $1/2 and $2/4 LHE full ring and still managed 2k VPP since the new year. in your situation, moving up to higher NL stakes is probably more important than playing extra tables. you can buy in short to reduce your risk, but you need higher average pot sizes generated by other players at $200NL and up to earn VPP faster.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:04 PM

I only have 10k so far, but i am a teacher and figure i will make up for lost time over the summer when i play full time. I also did some calculations that give me hope. I iam playing 1/2 NL 8 tables. I ahve been making 600 or so points an hour, but i am only gold status. I have about 200 points till plat. After I hit SN at the end of Feb i should be making about 1050 an hour. I am not trying to kill myself now, just going to try to do about 15,000 points a week until summer, then attck full force.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:07 PM

If I played 6 or more hours a day, I might make SN and have thoughts of going for Elite, but I'm no pro. I'll play 6-10 hours a day on the weekends, but at most I put in 3-4 hours after work each day.

I was just wondering where everyone else was at in their quest.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I only play part time $1/2 and $2/4 LHE full ring and still managed 2k VPP since the new year. in your situation, moving up to higher NL stakes is probably more important than playing extra tables. you can buy in short to reduce your risk, but you need higher average pot sizes generated by other players at $200NL and up to earn VPP faster.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am surpised to see that you can earn 11% more Points (over 1/2NL) by playing 1/2 LHE short or 3/6 LHE Full. I may have to shake it up some. Although playing 8 tables of short may be tought - although its only 1/2- could try it and if its tough wont loose too much.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I only have 10k so far, but i am a teacher and figure i will make up for lost time over the summer when i play full time. I also did some calculations that give me hope. I iam playing 1/2 NL 8 tables. I ahve been making 600 or so points an hour, but i am only gold status. I have about 200 points till plat. After I hit SN at the end of Feb i should be making about 1050 an hour. I am not trying to kill myself now, just going to try to do about 15,000 points a week until summer, then attck full force.

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't get an increase in VPPs only FPPs, but I might not understand you.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I played 6 or more hours a day, I might make SN and have thoughts of going for Elite, but I'm no pro. I'll play 6-10 hours a day on the weekends, but at most I put in 3-4 hours after work each day.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you missed the entire point of my initial response. you're still talking about putting in more hours and playing a lot of tables, but the more important issue is that $100NL is a sub-optimal level to earn VPP's fast. if you look at the bonuswhores charts (VPP earn and bonus clearing are essentially the same thing), a low limit grinder like me is still gaining points about 20% faster than you will if playing the same amount of hands per hour, and I'm not even trying to get anywhere past gold level this year.

by moving to $200NL you would theoretically increase your VPP from about 32/hr/table to 43.5/hr/table, without having to change your playing style much. that would be almost an extra 100/hr, 2000+/wk, 100k+/yr under your current m.o.

getting to that $20+ pot threshold is very important in Poker Stars NL, because the VPP is all or nothing on either side of that line. you simply don't hit it often enough with a $1 bb.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

getting to that $20+ pot threshold is very important in Poker Stars NL, because the VPP is all or nothing on either side of that line. you simply don't hit it often enough with a $1 bb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot only has to hit $8 for a VPP at .50/1 and 1/2.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you missed the entire point of my initial response. you're still talking about putting in more hours and playing a lot of tables, but the more important issue is that $100NL is a sub-optimal level to earn VPP's fast. if you look at the bonuswhores charts (VPP earn and bonus clearing are essentially the same thing), a low limit grinder like me is still gaining points about 20% faster than you will if playing the same amount of hands per hour, and I'm not even trying to get anywhere past gold level this year.

by moving to $200NL you would theoretically increase your VPP from about 32/hr/table to 43.5/hr/table, without having to change your playing style much. that would be almost an extra 100/hr, 2000+/wk, 100k+/yr under your current m.o.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, this is interesting. Although, the rake only has to get to .40 to get a VPP, which is a pot of $8. Would it be a good decision to try and play 200NL, for the sake of earning more VPP/FPP?