Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 08:30 AM

Default Re: CONGRATULATION JERRY YANG!!!! 2007 main event CHAMP

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't really keep track of the ME until the final table. After last years horrible final table I lost interest. This Yin Yang dude was annoying to watch IMO. Could anyone move any slower? I would have INSTA pushed all-in on his ass. By the way, I stopped watching it with four people left. The ME has been a joke since the new decade. The HORSE event determines the champion IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will pass on your heartfelt congrats to Mr. Yang if I ever see him.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:32 AM

JHC: Hey Gabriel!
JHC: watch this!!!!!!
ArchyA: whatev? coinflips are boring
JHC: srs- just watch
ArchyA: so u liek canada now or somthin?
JHC: STFU--watch
ArchyA: HAHAHAAH, that runner-runner [censored] tilts those monkeys hard
JHC: go wake up Emil

CONGRATULATION JERRY YANG!!!! 2007 main event CHAMP
Old 07-18-2007, 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't really keep track of the ME until the final table. After last years horrible final table I lost interest. This Yin Yang dude was annoying to watch IMO. Could anyone move any slower? I would have INSTA pushed all-in on his ass. By the way, I stopped watching it with four people left. The ME has been a joke since the new decade. The HORSE event determines the champion IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO donkament determining a champion. Only champion determination made is of that donkament.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's great he won wearing a Full Tilt hat, it'll be nice to see the newbies come to Full Tilt, after watching the final table in September, instead of poker stars

[/ QUOTE ]

This type of stupid quote makes my week. Firstly people dont take any notice of what someone's cap says, it certainely wont influence where they deposit $$$ of their cash. They go online, join a forum and ask around.

Secondly roughly 85% imo play more than one site and the bottom 25% play PS and FT. So it doesnt matter whos [censored] cap or tshirt they are wearing.

You think I'm going to go buy the Family Guy DVD's because Kalmar had Stuey on his shirt?

[/ QUOTE ]

And NASCAR is plastered with logos because they just love the colors and cute outfits? That mulit-billion dollar redneck turnleftament shows how powerful logos and branding are to people. Newbies will flock to FTP.

On another note, there has been a good deal of talk about opening up the Eastern Market with poker (lol, poker v. Bac) and Jerry, an Asian champ, will certainly have an effect on that.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That multi-billion dollar redneck turnleftament

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO
Old 07-18-2007, 09:46 AM

Watching him talk to Chad this morning, I finally understand that it is God that is allowing the fish to suck out on me. Now I can rest in peace.

Despite the overabundance of religion in his interview (come on Jerry, take some credit yourself!), I too had tears in my eyes.

Nice going, Jerry.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:53 AM

I don't really hold the religion stuff against him, although it was a little over the top on the Watkinson hand. But that's who he is. He seems like a genuine guy and I'm happy to see him win it. And he deserved it, going from 2nd-smallest stack to basically steamrolling over everyone at the final table. GG Jerry.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:54 AM

I defy you to watch this interview with Jerry Yang on Poker News and not kind of like the guy and think he's good for poker.

Humble, reserved, guy. And he could feel the straight coming, honestly! He FELT it! Seriously, this is great.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:20 AM

Congratulations Jerry!

Jerry really owned the final table. Anybody playing and aggressive style like he did will have chip swings, he definately had some good luck, but he lost some big ones also.

I am amazed by the amount of posters that would not know a good person if they were right in front of them. I think many people here would have given him more respect if he had said he was going to spend the money on hookers and blow.

That is really really sad.

Jerry surely isn't the best player in poker today, but he had a great run, and played well enough to make it through many many hours of poker and run over a final table. Give the man some respect.

BTW also as a conservative, I am glad for someone like Jerry repping that not all poker players are the degenerate gamblers with questionable moral taste and no family values. Those folks can dominate msg boards like this and give us all a bad name.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Congratulations Jerry!

Jerry really owned the final table. Anybody playing and aggressive style like he did will have chip swings, he definately had some good luck, but he lost some big ones also.

I am amazed by the amount of posters that would not know a good person if they were right in front of them. I think many people here would have given him more respect if he had said he was going to spend the money in online tournaments and cash games

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP