Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 08:54 AM

Default A few hands.

Villain is unknown. I checked the turn without realizing I had made 2 pair. Once I noticed, I figured I needed to check-raise value.

-----
MP1 ($258.75)
MP2 ($296)
MP3 ($78.30)
CO ($390)
Button ($902.90)
SB ($468.70)
Hero ($436.60)
UTG ($356)
UTG+1 ($361.80)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Button calls $4, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: ($10) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($10) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $24</font>, Button calls $18.

River: ($58) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $32</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $88</font>, Hero ??
-----
What's Hero's action and why?. What do you put him on?
-----

Villain's are unknown.

-----
UTG ($483.55)
UTG+1 ($127.40)
MP1 ($326.60)
MP2 ($236.70)
MP3 ($376.95)
CO ($574.75)
Hero ($478.40)
SB ($268.95)
BB ($849.10)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $8</font>, Hero calls $8, SB calls $6, BB calls $4.

Flop: ($32) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $12</font>, CO calls $12, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $60</font>
-----
That $12 donklead looks really weak to me, as does the PFR's call. It's hard to think the flop leader can have a huge hand given his PF action. How often do you think I will take this down and would you ever just call it and peel a turn?
-----

I sometimes limp, raise or fold this hand preflop.

-----
MP1 ($480.55)
MP2 ($723.50)
MP3 ($244.30)
CO ($100)
Button ($390)
SB ($414.45)
BB ($210.75)
Hero ($395.40)
UTG+1 ($290.80)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $4.
Hero calls $4, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $16</font>, Hero calls $12, CO calls $12, SB folds.

Flop: ($52) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $36</font>, CO folds, BB calls $36.

Turn: ($124) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($124) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $56</font>, Hero calls $56.

Final Pot: $236
-----
With exception of preflop, does anybody play the turn differently? I figured pot control was decent here and I could evaluate the river and make a decision.
-----

Please give explanations for all of your reasoning. Thanks.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:07 AM

Default Re: A few hands.

hand 1: i think this is is a fold..looks like 7s4s or 7s9s

hand2: i like the raise on button..even if a weak A peels flop they prob cant stand turn heat

hand3: i think i v-bet turn here (AhQx Tens Jacks all look like villains hand) and if villain CR turn i think its a call, because we're in position and villain prob wont push river unless he beats AJ. if he checks i'd fire another v-bet.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think these hands usually bet the flop.

[ QUOTE ]
hand2: i like the raise on button..even if a weak A peels flop they prob cant stand turn heat

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty much never firing the turn. It's pretty spewy, IMO.

[ QUOTE ]
hand3: i think i v-bet turn here (AhQx Tens Jacks all look like villains hand) and if villain CR turn i think its a call, because we're in position and villain prob wont push river unless he beats AJ. if he checks i'd fire another v-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are some pretty odd reads, no offense. I also think callin a turn check-raise is pretty awful. Thanks for the response.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think these hands usually bet the flop.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty much never firing the turn. It's pretty spewy, IMO.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are some pretty odd reads, no offense. I also think callin a turn check-raise is pretty awful. Thanks for the response.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, after looking back at hand 1 i agree its prob not a combo draw..but it does resemble a weird straight draw that got there.

hand 2 villain almost nevr calls, so a turn re-eval isnt necessary

hand 3 turn CR would be villain, not you, since youre in position--sorry if that wasnt clear, but i meant if HE CR turn than i would call, re-eval riv
Old 06-05-2007, 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 3 turn CR would be villain, not you, since youre in position--sorry if that wasnt clear, but i meant if HE CR turn than i would call, re-eval riv

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I got that. I'm saying it's a pretty terrible spot to call that check-raise.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:38 PM

1) I call... I know you said hed bet those hands on the flop but what could he possibly have right now that wouldnt be bet if his flush and straight draws (only thing im thinkin is maybe 56 but yay youre ahead/slim j8 chance also)? like his line just doesnt make any sense to me and i see a lot of stuff that missed so im calling

2)eh i dont have a problem with it

3)I think checking this turn is bad. Im not giving an unknown credit for a flush like ever here. Like 97hh?

o yah and im not a fan of preflop
Old 06-05-2007, 12:50 PM

1. I fold this is a value raise always. and people don't value raise thin.

2. Meh, sok i normally call but this is fine.

3. Bet turn, as played raise river
Old 06-05-2007, 02:31 PM

I'm not trying to be rude, but your responses are pretty worthless to me without explaining your reasoning behind them. Specifically, the 3rd hand and I'd appreciate your range for the 1st hand.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:05 PM

i think i'd have to call the first hand, there's some smaller two pairs he could be value raising as well as possibly just a Q since it looks like you might just have a J, but his raise mostly looks like air I think, he played this hand kinda weird, and it might look to him like you're just trying to steal the pot. I would almost consider raising here he looks so weak to me but he's folding his air and calling with weirdly played straights and sets and stuff that beats you so ya just call.

Hand 2 I dunno if that lead looks weak or strong to me. it would depend on my read, but if i thought it was weak the raise looks fine, but I wouldn't fire any more barrels if called against most people. Against certain opponents I might just fold the flop since it would be tough to tell where you were on the turn even if you hit a T or 8 with the caller in there. I think I basically never peel the flop here, either raise or fold.

hand 3 looks pretty standard, though I'd sometimes bet the turn and sometimes raise his small river bet and fold to a reraise
Old 06-05-2007, 03:46 PM

hand 1: I fold. i am beat.

hand 2: this is fine if you will fire the turn when called.

hand 3: i like it.