Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 04:36 PM

Default Re: Predict the Opening Line: Pats in Indy

[ QUOTE ]
Yahoo Sports article

[ QUOTE ]
The NFL is looking into allegations that the Indianapolis Colts piped in noise during the game Sunday between the Colts and the Patriots. The charge comes after Patriots President Jonathan Kraft became the latest NFL team executive to accuse the Colts of the distracting tactic that is against the rules.

"We're aware of it and we're looking into it," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Monday. "It may just be the TV feed from CBS, but we're checking it out."
A Patriots spokesman said Monday the team plans no formal protest to the league.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So the Pats are mad because the Colts cheated and broke the rules.

ROTFLMAO
Old 11-05-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So the Pats are mad because the Colts cheated and broke the rules.

ROTFLMAO

[/ QUOTE ]

IF the Colts are piping noise into the stadium, the Pats have every right to bring it to the attention of the NFL. I'm not sure why this is completely hilarious to you.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:55 PM

cause the pats cheated, you hypocrite.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:01 PM

The whole argument that the Pats cheated with the signal recording is retarded. All teams in the NFL catch and record other team's signals, and that has been admitted by multiple people. The Pats may have done it to a greater extent, but the whole media fiasco about it was retarded and uncalled for, hence the "f*** you how about you eat 55 points a game" mentality that they've been laying on everybody.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cause the pats cheated, you hypocrite.

[/ QUOTE ]

And your point is...what? That other teams are allowed to cheat and the Pats aren't?
Old 11-05-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The whole argument that the Pats cheated with the signal recording is retarded. All teams in the NFL catch and record other team's signals, and that has been admitted by multiple people. The Pats may have done it to a greater extent, but the whole media fiasco about it was retarded and uncalled for, hence the "f*** you how about you eat 55 points a game" mentality that they've been laying on everybody.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to see them put up 70 on the Jets. Mangina won't open his tubby mouth again.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Indy has the toughest schedule in pro football--and nothing else prepares a team for games like this: NE will not be facing an inexperienced Romo, a decimated buffalo defense, a qb-less washington.

Indy has an o-line that may well be the best pro football has ever seen.

Indy has a defense that can influence Brady: they possess speed, toughness, and youth. They are built to play on plastic, welcome to Indianapolis, and they also have an offense that will move the ball with a pace that will keep that defense rested.

Indy has home field advantage, and it will be LOUD.

Indy has a qb that is a six sigma event: this is a qb that can do anything and everything that Brady can do AND has redefined the position in ways the pundits have not yet fathomed.

Indy, imo, not only can but will beat NE: they will abuse a defense already exposed by Cleveland as lacking stamina and vulnerable to the run. I remind you, NE fell behind at Dallas in the third quarter. I remind you, Moss continues to express as much reluctance to go over the middle as ever. I remind you that NE fields an aging LB core, and this limits their effectiveness to the zones in which they set up, they cannot control the necessary real estate to keep Indy from controlling the game. I believe, the age of the LB's is the achilles tendon of NE, and it will be stretched to a dangerous degree here. NE, defensively, will be unable to deal with the weapons Manning brings to the table.

I do not think that Brady will make it through this game without a turnover or two. and the knock on brady is loss of composure when picked. the pressure that Indy will apply to the NE offense is not so much defensive, as the need to maintain the lead, on the road, against an offense that keeps pace with them, and a defense that will abandon the pretense of limiting brady, but will instead concentrate on taking the ball away, in picks and fumbles.

an interesting aspect of this game within a game of pressure, is how NE will react to waiting to get the ball? knowing that no mistakes will be allowed, none, not one, or they will be down a score.

NE will set the pace early: they have a great offense, more dangerous than at any time in the match-up history of these two teams, but that will not be enough. And Indy will keep that offense on the side line: it will require one stop to tip the scales in Indy's favor, and they will get 2-3.

last year, before the beginning of the play off series, i remarked to an acquaintance that Indy has been the best team in football for the past 8 years. This year, that knowledge seems to permeate the awareness of the players themselves. I will go so far as to say, if they win this game, and the championship, that they are the best team I have ever seen: and I saw the Steelers. Well, maybe the Steelers still. but in the modern era, most definitely the best.

The good news: I will get +170 at some point in the week on a team that should be -3 +100.

tlt

of course, if the O line turns up on the injured list this week, all goes by the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol