FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2007, 08:24 PM

Default Re: AA OOP against catcher3333

[ QUOTE ]
Very poorly played

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed.

[ QUOTE ]
If you're all so fimiliar with him you should really post his stats...

[/ QUOTE ] He is 24/20/4 over the 500 hands I have in this database. He plays a very unorthodox style that included minraising as his standard open for quite some time.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:31 PM

Exactly, he plays in 3/6 sometimes, and I have seen him open a lot with miniraise fishament...
Old 05-23-2007, 08:32 PM

Folding flop is fine, but its not a fold you can make more than once or twice before they start catching on. As played I think a turn fold is fine since I don't think he continues with air too often. You called a flop raise on a dry board - usually you have to have a set, overpair or KQ at the very least here - if hes any good he realises you don't fold enough of this range to make it a profitable shove. He probably has 66/22 a lot of the time here.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:39 PM

i agree that he has to have a set 85% of the time here simply because he limped in behind another limper. when people have low pp's they limp if there is limpers infront and they are in MP or they open for raises when they are first into a pot.

just my experience at 200nl, i think folding the flop is a damn good play if you can make it. But if your someone like me who NON stop c bets like its his job, then id have to push this flop because they could simply be betting that its too dry for my to continue without AQ or KK AA.

if you raised to about 14 preflop and then he raises your flop bet, its a much easier fold. Make a raise preflop that will start to make his hand much more transparent.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:40 PM

Well, shoving blows if you think he is bluffing.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:42 PM

ya but if its a metagame and he knows that your capable of shoving when you think you have the best of it then next time he raises you, you will know for sure he has you beat.

its a reduction in profit so that you get a player to become transparent and predictable. Not much of a theory for low stakes but in high stakes this definitly applies at least in my history it did and used to make sense
Old 05-23-2007, 08:45 PM

The EV of metagame implications (of which I still don't understand what you mean) do not come even close to the EV lost by making a valueless shove on the flop.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:47 PM

iam saying its push or fold. If you fold, then now next time you wont know whats taking place and he could be opening his CR range vs you, which could lead to more awkward positions and further reduced EV vs this opponent.

iam saying if you push once, and he sees your willing to push, then next time he raises your going to know he has the goods because he wont be cr'ing someone whos prone to push back on him all in unless he can of course beat you....

getting it now? sorta kinda maybe?
Old 05-23-2007, 08:56 PM

You are way overestimating the importance of metagame here. We don't play enough vs. each other and people aren't good enough to pick up on these things enough to make plays like that worthwhile.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:06 PM

guess this explains why the higher stakes i play in the higher my winrate. Someone teach me how to beat 200nl and ill teach you to beat 10/20 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]