Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2007, 02:08 AM

Default Re: 3 Trouble Hands at NL200 6m because I\'m rusty

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno, when people min-raise it tells me they either 1) would love to felt, or 2) are on a stupid random bluff

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really thought this to be the case, do you understand why checking >>> betting the river?
Old 01-02-2007, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I dunno, when people min-raise it tells me they either 1) would love to felt, or 2) are on a stupid random bluff

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really thought this to be the case, do you understand why checking >>> betting the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

obv. I was referring to pushing the turn not betting the river.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:24 AM

Ok here we go:

Hand 1:
Agree with some of the above: a slightly larger raise is good here, and I like it alot more than a call as your hand would be very transparent.

Hand 2: I push turn and expect to get called by a worse 10 an extremely large amount of the time. We are basically only scared of QT here, and if he has it he stacks you. Easy push

Hand 3:
I don't like your line even though he is obv very bad and it worked out. Even bad players will check behind alot on river after than turn action. Against a bad player here I don't mind a 3bet minraise on turn and push the rest on the river (I can't believe I just wrote that - prob only time I'd ever advise a minraise). I don't think we get to call turn and CR river enough to make this the most optimal line, and if we bomb the river that is even more obv. A turn 3bet seems like the standard play here.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just call the flop in hand 1

[/ QUOTE ]
This is probably standard. I thought raising would be really good though. It forces UTG to really come up with a hand. I have a set almost all the time, and a pretty good draw the rest of the times that I do this. If he felts an overpair, I have 12 outs if he doesn't have AA.
Unfortunately he pushed JJ and it held up. I was shocked he would felt such a weak hand with 4 to the flop when his c-bet got called and raised. Oh well. I had 44% equity.

Hand 2, I called the push and villain showed T2s, MHING.

Hand 3, Villain folded. He definitely would not have called a push and I'm guessing he would not have called any meaningful bet.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2: I push turn and expect to get called by a worse 10 an extremely large amount of the time. We are basically only scared of QT here, and if he has it he stacks you. Easy push

[/ QUOTE ]
Villain still has 115 behind. Why don't we wait for river to get it in. Almost no river cards are bad for us or scare him away if he has a T. There is some chance he will be able to fold a T (although very small chance). Also, if he is overplaying a Q or bluffing, pushing sucks.

I'm not saying I dislike a push. It clearly has value. However, I wouldn't call this an EASY push as in, definitely a push instead of a call.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:53 AM

I understand your view. Whe I said EASY i didn't mean a definite push, I was saying given the way I play (which is probably somewhat similar to yourself) I gain more value from a turn push than on the river.

Personally, and this is just me, your line looks very suspect if you bet-call turn and push if checked to on the river (which obv didnt happen but may have). For that reason, I think the better the villian here the more a turn push is the right play, as a good player may be able to get away from weak trips.

However, since you say villian was bad, he is obv married to his hand, and we have position, I honestly dont think it matters which line we take, and I'm happy to agree to disagree in our preferences here.