Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2007, 03:07 AM

Default I Just Played a Bot on Stars

I just got through playing a $20 heads up stud sit n go on Stars .

My "opponent" was extremely slow to the point of me losing my cool and telling him to speed it up.

No response.

Every time I raised on third street he called. He also always called on fourth street.

This was exasperating, because he was drawing out repeatedly. So I'm down to about 500 from my 1500 starting chips.

He never chatted, which proves nothing, so I started calling him names, insulting his mother, you know--nothing.

Finally, instead of raising on third I would just call. I did more checking and calling and to my amazement from fourth street on he would play very fast and check it down if he had nothing.

Then I figured out he would always pay off on the river with any pair.

So, think forever on third and fourth. Play fast on five and six. Think and anzlyze on the river.

Once I figured it out, it was like stealing.

I'm 100% convinced this was a bot.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:12 AM

Default Re: I Just Played a Bot on Stars

Have you applied Mr. Gatorade's 100% bot-detecting algoorithm (developed over three years) yet? Only way to know for sure.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:28 AM

Sounds like an annoying opponent but I think your sample size needs to be a little larger than one sit n go before you throw around the bot accusation. Posts like this don't do any justice to people who really do pull together significant data to make a case.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:02 AM

I think you played me!

To be honest though, I've noticed that quite a few players especially in heads up games have claimed I'm a bot when playing because of my early tourny stage call station activities. I tend to play more like a bot to annoy them in ways you describe and never chat. Why? Generally because anyone who starts claiming an opponent is a bot it extremely likely to go tilt crazy. It's a bonus when my mother is brought into the equation.

It's the paranoia of heads up. Don't play heads up games because based on your sample size, 100% of the games you play "may" be bots - it will affect your game.

Please someone direct me to Mr Gatorades bot detector.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:18 AM

It was the timing. On third and fourth he alwasy took the same amount of time. On fifth and sixth same thing. On seventh, same as third.

I don't mind bots. If you know you are playing one. They fall into a pattern you can pick up on.

I just thought it was interesting.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:23 AM

Man your detection methods are almost as advanced as Mr. Gatorades. It had to be a bot.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:07 AM

If you're so sure it's a bot then just list his Stars handle and see if anyone can confirm for you.

Your detection methods obviously prove nothing even though you are somehow "100% sure" that he is.

He could have been multi-tabling and then closed out one of the tables. His connection could have been screwy at first and then got better.
He could have been stalling to intentionally screw with you and then got bored with doing that (I've had opponents do this).
Old 07-28-2007, 10:16 AM

Oh yeah actually this is 7card stud right? I have a friend who used to play those same HU matches and was 90% sure the main regular in them was a bot. He had 2 usernames that weirdly were very similar, and would play on one for hours and hours, then switch to another for another long session. I don't know for sure if he was a bot or not, but my friend did make a very good argument for it. I'm going to PM you the names out of curiosity and see if it's the same person.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got through playing a $20 heads up stud sit n go on Stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based upon your description of your chat, and the fact that there just aren't that many $20 HU Stud events in a given day, I believe I have located your match in the PokerStars database.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm 100% convinced this was a bot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please rest assured that PokerStars has an extensive arsenal of detection tools in order to ensure that each player is a human being. (For those that would bring it up, they were developed in the aftermath of TeddyFBI's mom debacle -- we didn't have them back then or that mistake would not have been made).

I cannot detail each of the tools we use to make this determination (we don't want our methods to fall into the hands of bot programmers who will then use that information to avoid detection).

These tools are proactively used to locate and remove bots and can be used to more closely review a specific individual account as well (which I have done against your opponent). Your opponent definitely was not a bot, Crane. There wasn't even a whiff of bot anywhere on the account.

Best Regards,

Jeff
PokerStars Game Security
Old 07-28-2007, 10:46 AM

That`s good enough for me,cased closed GatorJR