Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 07:49 PM

Default Re: JJ out of position

[ QUOTE ]
INDEED, the biggest problem is INFORMATION, you have no information, and your line seems so week...

[/ QUOTE ]

What good is the information I gain if I am basically committing myself in the process? It feels like I'm just helping him build a big pot if he has a monster and helping him fold if he has crap...I don't understand why this isn't a "win little pots, lose big ones" scenario.

[ QUOTE ]
If you c/r the flop and get shoved on, or if you are able to bet/3bet: how often are you holding the best hand? Or does the value of the play comes from the time he's folding overcards?

I find it difficult to combine the concept of JJ being the effective nuts on a 8843 flop vs a stealing tag on the button, and the concept of not getting called by much worse hands when I c/r flop, b/3b flop or crai on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the same issue/question. Can someone help us here?
Old 11-27-2007, 09:22 AM

Default Re: JJ out of position

agree that you dont care about 'getting info'. but you should be more than happy to stack 99/TT/flush draws/bluffs and maybe even some underpairs that just don't believe you have an overpair. these players are bad because they call way too often and they don't read hands well. so when you have a strong hand like JJ, you need to get more money in the pot. if the opponents are predictable to fold to a certain amount of aggression, that's fine. but you need to be getting money in the pot until you face that resistance.