Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2007, 01:05 AM

Default FTP 55 NLTRN River Decision vs Berating Semi-tard

Villain has been berating me in chat all game. I played him once already and won on first hand with a gutshot, nut flush draw and A pair draw to his QQ on flop.

Reads: Villain has generally potted with pure bluffs on the turn when I check behind flops, so far when he checks on the turn in this situation I've seen him show up with top and 3-4th pair, don't recall which.

Don't remember blind level but I know we're about 25bb deep so I'll put stack sizes up accordingly (I know he had me covered and effective size was 25bb).

Hero (1250)

Villain (1750)

Blinds 25-50.

Hero on button raises to 100. Villain calls.

Villain calling light but prolly not enough to call him a station at this buyin.

Flop AK8 two suits.

Villain checks, I check.

Turn Tx (200)

Villain pots for 200, I call.

River 6x (600) Board is AKT86 two suits.

Villain shoves for what is 950 to me.

My questions

1) What, if any hand, do you take my line with on flop and turn.

2) What is the lightest hand you call with on river (regardless, not the lightest hand you'd check behind on flop and call river with).

I have a third question I'll ask after there's been some responses and I've revealed my hand.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:19 AM

Default Re: FTP 55 NLTRN River Decision vs Berating Semi-tard

1) I'd check the flop with a set for sure. Only the flush draw could possible do me and even so, i have outs on turn. I'd be looking to let villian catch up on turn so get a reraise in and possibly commit him to go all-in.

Bacause you said villain can pot on turn with pure blaugh, i would be inclined to check Ax too, to extract on later streets. I would be betting Kx on flop to define my hand though, rather than have a difficult decision if bet into on the turn.

2) Lightest would be Ace rag, kicker 7 or greater. Im on the fence calling with Ace low kicker. Dont really want to call with a king in spot, not much i can beat. JQ scares me, King high kicker scares me, and of course Ace. only thing i can beat with a king is possible busted flush draw.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:29 AM

i'm going to take your flop/turn line with weak aces and kings; against this opponent it gets 1 bet in against the widest range of his hands. significantly stronger hands would either have bet the flop or would raise the turn. weaker hands than second pair (excepting QT or JT) would fold to the turn bet.

i think i'd call the river shove with aces up or better

[ QUOTE ]
gutshot, nut flush draw and A pair draw

[/ QUOTE ]
from now on, any draw to the nuts which includes a gutshot shall be referred to as a "nutshot"
Old 11-23-2007, 01:31 AM

1) ace seven and better
a set
jack queen flush draw
queens maybe
2 pair

2) would call with

ace 5 and up
weakest....

i could see myself calling with a strong king here too.

Against opponests that are capable of turn/river bluffs i like to let them bet a lot of the time. Sometimes you know that weak aces here are golden, and although the flush draw here is scary, its worht letting it poss hit if he will bluff either way. Even if it does hit, we could use some blocking bets to try and seee a cheap showdown - or toss it in to any real strngth.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
from now on, any draw to the nuts which includes a gutshot shall be referred to as a "nutshot"

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant ;-)
Old 11-23-2007, 01:45 AM

1) i dont like min raising so maybe an education as to why a min riase is optimal in this spot.
2)your line reps an ace in my eyes. i think qj would raise the turn as it is unexpected, i would give you credit for qj if you would have bet the flop, i dont see you checking a draw behind. a king would have wanted to bet, as would an 8. a set is possible too, but less likely,imo.
3) what hands would you check behind, call the turn with a 10. A6+,kj+, pp 77+ possibly.
4) in your spot given the read on your opp. i would call A7+ waht could he be shoving? did he have qj? hit a set? i doubt in this spot he shoves the nuts more likely a see if you have an ace shove....and some bashing in the chat after he "expertly" tells you how badly you played
Old 11-23-2007, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) i dont like min raising so maybe an education as to why a min riase is optimal in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think min-raising is pretty common at the 25-50 level. with 25bb stacks, 3x bb raise seems to put to much into the pot before the flop.

Against passive opponents who won't play back at you, min-raising and then C-betting has alot of value. Agianst agressive opponents, you get value for your good hands preflop, and do not commit yourself on the flop if u miss
Old 11-23-2007, 02:02 AM

I'd call with Aces up or better.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:07 AM

1) 2pair Kings up+ (less likely), a set (more likely), a straight (definitely).

2) Without reads on his river play, I'd say A9+, but it depends strongly on my feelings at the time.

I have a question:

What would you do to make villain to fold, had you air or a gutshot?
Old 11-23-2007, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1)
I have a question:

What would you do to make villain to fold, had you air or a gutshot?

[/ QUOTE ]

On the turn I could get the most folds by raising.

I probably c-bet flop with air and fire 2 or 3 against this villain very often. I'd fold to a flop raise but otherwise I'm firing a lot of turns and some rivers as well against this guy when I have air.