Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 05:01 AM

Default Re: Early Levels of HU Sng\'s

[ QUOTE ]
Playing random fish > Playing other 2+2'ers.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-19-2007, 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My comment wasnt towards you buddy. Why are you so harsh upon yourself? Everyone is a shark in their own eyes, everyone thinks they should have won the hand, why they lost the game, the opponent is lucky, your card dead, etc. Poker is an amazing art form.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not harsh toward myself but I also don't think I'm a shark. I'm more of a player in progress imo, especially when it comes to HU. I'm profitable in poker (marginally), yes, but I understand I'm not the best.

Anyways, I'm gonna stop replying in this thread, I seem to have a bad habit of turning threads Low Content, and it's never intentional.

chrismystero
Old 11-19-2007, 02:49 PM

Okay!!!

I ADMIT THAT I DO NOT HAVE A SHARKFIN!!!!!

Mx, I recall your opening post saying that you had a 23% roi at the 10s, and that is far better than me. A shark, playing at these baby stakes? Are you f*ing joking?

There are tons of things that I do not know. There are tons of things that I must still learn. I am a winning player; for now, that is proficient. I have holes in my game, and that is disappointing. All I can do is discuss, read, ask questions and learn more. Getting flamed is part of it as well.

I have played certain posters here, and some of them actually know who I am. I am not the only one who respectfully asks not to out my SN. ChicagoRy, JayShark, and Vinetou are winning players that do not make it a habit of telling their handles.

Really, why is it any of your business? If you are playing semi-seriously at the 33s, and you see someone with a +roi, there is about a 1/20 chance you are looking at me. If you want a further hint: if you are looking at someone with higher than a 5% roi, it MAY be me.

FWIW, SS does not always give the full story. I play at multiple sites under different handles. Many times, I take a slider at one site, bust, play at another, and refill that site. If you look at Stars vs FTP, you would think that my kid brother plays on one, and Phil Ivey plays on the other.

I also pointed out that my stats are on this site. If you look at the LC thread, you will see my bb/hand avg. level by level, and my month's graph thus far.

Enjoy.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not the only one who respectfully asks not to out my SN. ChicagoRy, JayShark, and Vinetou are winning players that do not make it a habit of telling their handles.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know for sure ChicagoRy outs his SN all the time.
[ QUOTE ]
If you look at Stars vs FTP, you would think ...Phil Ivey plays on the other.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thinly veiled brag?

Cliff notes:
Screennames are ppls own serious bizz.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:44 AM

Only my Pokerstars name. But I only have like 400-500 games on FTP so nobody's missing out.

As for the original question until the forum regulars (lol) derailed it...

I prefer to raise most hands in the first level, regardless of level. Yea, J5o is pretty weak and I wouldn't raise it but I don't really waste time limping it in a 5 or 10 either.

If I find a player is a super station that doesn't raise, I might limp some low unsuited connectors for value when deep, but otherwise I rarely limp anything first level in lower games (especially on Stars where it is deeper). I generally limp when effective stacks are shorter.